What's Ours?

morddwyd 19:47 PM 05 Nov 11

So the German owners of British Midland are selling it to the Spanish owners of British Airways.

Do we own anything of British value any more?

morddwyd 19:49 PM 05 Nov 11
  Woolwell 19:53 PM 05 Nov 11

British Airways is actually the International Airlines Group see wikipedia

morddwyd 20:11 PM 05 Nov 11

I did

"with its registered office in Madrid, Spain."

Forum Editor 00:15 AM 06 Nov 11

Do we own anything of British value any more?

Well, there's BT, Morgan cars,BP,Vodafone,Rolls Royce (aero engine division),Tesco, Sainsburys, John Lewis,The BBC,Aston Martin, Glenfiddich....the list is still a long one,and anyway,in this age of globalisation does it really matter?

Kevscar1 05:37 AM 06 Nov 11

Aston Martin is co owned by Ford and Investment dar a Kuwaiti company, Wouldn't call that a British Company

Kevscar1 05:49 AM 06 Nov 11

Rolls Royce by BMW

morddwyd 06:56 AM 06 Nov 11

"does it really matter?"

It does to me, that;s why I posted.

Purely personal, of course.

interzone55 10:56 AM 06 Nov 11

FE specifically stated Rolls Royce (aero engine division), which is listed on the London Stock Exchange, so would be widely regarded as a British company, it's also head-quartered in Westminster.

Rolls Royce cars are indeed owned by BMW, and Bentley by VW, and let me tell you as someone who's driven (but unfortunately not owned) Pre & Post sale RR & Bentley cars, they are now far better than they used to be. Although maybe the fact that so many footballers own Continentals does tarnish their image somewhat...

Kevscar1 12:08 PM 06 Nov 11

you are right about aero division my apology

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:41 PM 06 Nov 11

Were you referring to the likes of:

British Coal

British Steel

British Rail

All sold off by the previous Tory government.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…