whats next

fitcher 15:54 14 Mar 06

I saw a 20 inch tv combined with a vidio recorder for under fifty quid on a shopping channel .I see a vhs vidio plus dvd recorder at under sixty ..do you theres a complete change about . .like tft tvs with hard drives inside .because it looks to me like dixons and curys they are dropping prices to get rid of stock.also memory stick recorders are droppng like a stone in price ,(they are churning them out in china )also will the dvd writers in todays tvs will be no good next year .I am waiting before I buy a new tv thats for sure ,

Starfox 17:17 14 Mar 06

"I am waiting before I buy a new tv thats for sure"

Same here,I was going to buy a new plasma t.v from Currys but thank goodness I decided to wait,when I went back to the store to do a bit of browsing 2 weeks later the price of the t.v I was thinking of buying had dropped by over £400,if I had bought it at the higher price it would have given me a terrible pain in the wallet no doubt.:o)

stalion 20:29 14 Mar 06

make sure any new tv you buy is HD compliant

mole44 22:05 14 Mar 06

also ensure equipment you buy is digital not analogue,there soon starting to switch of the analogue signal.you`ve beem warned.

SG Atlantis® 23:12 14 Mar 06

I'm waiting to the end of the year for a new tv. I think I read some where that the big giants, samsung and all were openning a load new factories and that'll push prices down further???

Starfox 23:39 14 Mar 06

"also ensure equipment you buy is digital not analogue"

Big problem for me is that for although I live only 3 miles from the Emley Moor transmitter I cannot receive a digital signal (Big hill in the way).

When I asked around to see when digital would be available for my area I was told that a new local sub-transmitter would have to be built and that would not be done before 2012 so I hope they don't switch off analogue before then.:o(

fitcher 12:36 15 Mar 06

my didgi box is continualy showing blocking .it seems . bad weather can affect the signal .I hope they get it right before it goes all digital .or they use a satalite sender

Pegasus. 13:01 15 Mar 06

Re: Digital Signal Strength!

I have noticed that Most of the Independant (ITV, Ch4 et al) Channels seem to be Reducing the Signal Strength at the same sort of times Every Day!

I am Sick of trying to watch some prog or other & halfway Through the Didgi Signal is Lost! (or So Bad it is Unwatchable!)

I have Given Up trying to set My Video to Record Anything from the Didgi Channels (Accept Aunt Beebs)

P.S.
The DVB Indentifiers for the Beeb Channels are:
Beeb1 9018, 4104, 4168
Beeb2 9018, 4104, 4232

For ITV (& Most of the Others) they are:

9018, 8203, 8384

The Only Channels I have Trouble with are the one with 8xxx Identifier Codes! (I have tried moving My Antenna but this is Not an Option that Appeals as I Already have it set to the Optimum Position for All Channels!)

What We Need (as has been stated by others Above) Is for the Signal Strength (& Identifiers) to be Properly Set so Everyone can Get a Clear Signal at ALL Times!

rmcqua 14:30 15 Mar 06

Pegasus.
It is not practicable for the independent TV providers to crank up and down their transmit powers at will on a daily basis. And why would they want to? I think your problem must lie elsewhere.

Pegasus. 15:58 15 Mar 06

Rmcqua.

That was My First Thought!

I have tried 2 different Digi Boxes (connected in Various ways to the Antenna).

I used to have 2 Highrise Blocks of Flats In the direction that My Antenna Points(which could have been Interfering with the Signal), But even after they have been Demolished, the Signal is Still the Same!

They Only way I could change anything else would be for Me to take down My Antenna & Reposition it on the Opposite side of My building (Pointing @180degree from where it pointing Now!)

But the expence of doing that without Knowing If it Will Improve My Veiwing is Not something I can Afford!(It would Cost Me 3-4x what I spent getting My Digital Antenna put Up Originally!)

fitcher 11:36 16 Mar 06

so I get all the ordinary channels ok but the digi box is allways blocking up ,,but pegasus could be correct about the signal strength. because qvc shopping channel and ideal world shopping channel ,has not got the same problem .one seems to be able to get a good picture from them ,, are they pushing out a better signal ????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…