What's the music played at Remembrance Sunday?

Non Welsh Local 14:37 08 Jan 07

The classical instrumental piece also used by various tv shows, I'd really like to know.
Many thanks as I'm sure someone will instantly know!

Jackcoms 14:44 08 Jan 07

I think you need to be rather more specific - there are several "classical instrumental pieces" played on Remembrance Sunday around the country.

Also - played where?

Whitehall?

The Royal Albert Hall?

My local Remembrance service?

Your local Remembrance service?

Llanddewi Brefi Remembrance service?

Non Welsh Local 14:49 08 Jan 07

The one played as wreaths are laid as shown on the tv coverage. The piece is also used fairly often on Top Gear when reviewing Rolls Royces and their ilk. It's a funeral march of some sort but sorry I can't describe better than that.

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:56 08 Jan 07

'The Enigma Variations' by Elgar (Eddy to his mates).

G

surfmonkey #:@}© 14:56 08 Jan 07

last post
click here
scroll down to rememberance day wav

Non Welsh Local 15:04 08 Jan 07

That's the one, Elgar. Many thanks.

Bingalau 15:45 08 Jan 07

surfmonkey. A lot depends on where the ceremony is being conducted. If it is Royal Navy or Royal Marines ceremonial, then the bugle calls will be provided by the Royal Marines buglers. These are very different to such calls as the Army reveille which you have guided Non Welsh Local to. Non Welsh Local. If you would like a copy of music as played by the band of Her Majesty's Royal Marines, then "e" mail me accordingly and I will send you a CD Copy. ..Bingalau..

Watchful 16:02 08 Jan 07

As well as 'Nimrod' from Elgar's Enigma Variations as already mentioned, they play Sibelius - 'Finlandia' I think; music to 'Be Still My Soul.' The most prominent poem is 'The Soldier' by Rupert Brooke.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…