What's going on in football?

dagbladet 23:21 28 Aug 07

In the last four days we've had the tragic deaths of Anton Reid (Walsall) and Antonio Puerta (Sevilla) both of whom collapsed and died playing (or training). Tonight the Forest v Leicester game was abandoned when Leicester's Clive Clarke collapsed in the dressing room at half time and lost consciousness. Hope he recovers.

Forum Editor 23:40 28 Aug 07

died of a heart attack, and as far as I know it hasn't been said that his death was in any way related to his occupation.

I don't think that any cause of death has been published as far as Anton Reid is concerned, and I'm not aware that any information has been released about the cause of Clive Clarke's collapse.

In the circumstances it's not appropriate to ask the question "What's going on in football?2 because it implies that the cause of all these unfortunate incidents is in some way rooted in football, and there's absolutely nothing to indicate that they are.

dagbladet 23:45 28 Aug 07

Apologies.

I was in no way implying anything of the sort.

Perhaps, 'What an unfortunate series of events has taken place..

On second thoughts just lock it.

Forum Editor 23:58 28 Aug 07

to throw a blanket on the subject, and I totally accept that you didn't mean to make the implication I mentioned.

Perhaps we'll let it run for a while? I'm sure nobody is going to overstep the mark.

Si_L 00:04 29 Aug 07

Its just unlucky, I also don't think that the deaths should be linked to football. In fact, these athletes are so well trained and fed properly etc, it couldn't be.

Just plain bad luck that three lives have been lost so recently. Its a big loss to football, especially Antonio Puerta's death, he was a brilliant footballer in the making.

dagbladet 00:16 29 Aug 07

Oh dear.

For the record I am not linking these unfortunate incidents to football. My thread title wasn't well thought out.

Thank you.

Forum Editor 00:41 29 Aug 07

This is precisely the problem with threads of this nature. You haven't checked your facts before posting.

Three lives haven't been lost - Clive Clarke is reported as being 'Stable' in the Queen's Medical Centre in Nottingham.

Forum Editor 00:42 29 Aug 07

I'm sure you understand why.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Portable power and versatile design let down by expensive accessories and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best design TV series, films & documentaries

iPhone 7 Plus vs Sony Xperia XZ Premium comparison preview: Superb camera gives Sony the edge - on…