What's the catch...

darkreign 17:39 19 Aug 08

...with all these phone companies that offer free ps3/360/laptops etc with phones?

I mean apart from the obvious of tying you down for 18 months and charging £40/per month.

Are these goodies second hand or new?

Regards
Darkreign

dagbladet 18:02 19 Aug 08

"I mean apart from the obvious of tying you down for 18 months and charging £40/per month."

Er...that's it.

mrwoowoo 18:20 19 Aug 08

You are basically buying a laptop etc on tic, as the extra that they put on top each month almost covers the cost of the "free" item.
Yes they are new.

Si_L 19:06 19 Aug 08

You are paying £720 for a contract.

The least they should be giving you is a small country, so a laptop is a bad deal.

darkreign 19:14 19 Aug 08

but £40 is the average with a new phone nowadays, and people who want the latest technology are willing to pay for it, so the phone companies don't really have to make such offers, do they?

I mean people are willing to pay the money and will do so without any 'icing on the cake' so-to-speak!

Perhaps i'm just going through a stupid phase, while i'm in this phase, i might as well contact vodafone and request a ps3 (6 months into my contract). Think they'll oblige?
Darkreign

GRIDD 19:26 19 Aug 08

the ps3 etc only come with older models of phones for the premium line rental.

New mobiles like the iphone or that touch samsung won't be accompanied by a ps3 or wii.....

interzone55 20:14 19 Aug 08

Most phone companies offer pretty much the same phones / minutes / texts etc, so the only differentiator is the "freebie".

So is it the N95 on O2, Orange, Vodaphone or 3? Instead of choosing the network you choose a budget laptop, PS3, Xbox 360 or iPod Touch...

darkreign 20:31 19 Aug 08

...that i didn't look around for a freebie with my contract. I'll prbably have to accept my loss now that I'm six months into my contract.

But i'll still send them a polite letter of request and see if i can get something outta Vodafone...ps3/xbox (i could certainly do with a new laptop). Probably get a polite response telling me where to go.

Still, you don't ask you don't get.

Darkreign

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…