Whats the biggest vehicle you have driven?

MrNerdy 17:15 25 May 07

Whats the biggest vehicle you have driven?
For me it's Tank Transporters & the odd wide load whilst driving HGV 1's.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:21 25 May 07

One of these click here pulling 42 wagons with 2000 tons of coal and no I'm not a train driver.

picklsey 17:22 25 May 07

wieght wise armoured personel carrier,length hgv2 wagon in drag.

The Brigadier 17:23 25 May 07

Argh same as you Mr Nerdy Tank Transpoters & the odd convoy of Munitions.
Also deliverying the odd large crane which is always fun.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:23 25 May 07

Didn't actually drive this one but fitted the remote activation to allow it to go on its own.

click here

Pine Man 18:32 25 May 07

You might have pulled 42 wagons with 2000 tons of coal BUT I had more fun pulling in one of these monsters!!click here

BRYNIT 18:35 25 May 07
  skeletal 18:47 25 May 07

A 7.5 ton lorry, I think that's what it was...the biggest lorry you can drive on an ordinary license anyway. Being "clever" I knew that you had to pull much further forward to avoid clipping the kerb when you turn left. Yes...I still clipped the kerb!

Actually, doing this has always made me admire the guys (and women of course, although driving big lorries tends to be a male occupation) that can drive, and reverse the big artics down a side street that I couldn’t get a car down!

Skeletal

Forum Editor 18:47 25 May 07

but I once drove a 55 metre long seismic survey ship for 100 nautical miles. I cruised along at 10 knots while most of the 20-strong crew had supper, although someone who actually knew what he was doing watched me like a hawk, especially when I made a few impromptu course changes.

I can recommend it as a fun experience.

hzhzhzhz 18:53 25 May 07

a D8 Caterpillar.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:06 25 May 07

Pine Man
:0)

BRYNIT
I'll see you tomorow morning then when the wife drags me in town for shopping.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009