what would you do if?

saintorsinner 17:51 27 Apr 06

what would you do if your computer got a virus that held you to ransom click here i would rather reformat my computer than payup but i have nothing on my computer that a few hours work couldnt replace.

watchful 17:56 27 Apr 06

but whatever will they come up with next?

saintorsinner 18:00 27 Apr 06

i suppose for people who's livelyhood depends on their computer the question is one of time and money. makes investment in a good backup system seem even more important.

blanco 18:50 27 Apr 06

Nothing to do with your extension of the question but it did remind me (especially seeing your name) of the large poster outside a non-conformist church in Liverpool many years ago now that said:
What would you do if Jesus came to Liverpool today?
to which a local had added the graffiti
Move St John to inside forward.

Skills 23:58 27 Apr 06

Wipe the lot and start again. Ive gotten alot better at backups now. If I needed to get something off the drive id boot with a live linux disk copy files to cd and away you go

Devil Fish 00:22 28 Apr 06

run a preboot virus scan to clear it

DrScott 00:32 28 Apr 06

Think I'd go the linux route too...

saintorsinner 00:52 28 Apr 06

the thing that gives me nightmares is the thought of a keylogger as i buy a lot of stuff online.must be even worse for online bankers!

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:49 28 Apr 06

I have yet to see personal details taken from a home computer by a keylogger.

spuds 09:37 28 Apr 06

My computer holds me to ransom every working day. Will it blue screen, freeze,crash or be plain stubborn.

My ransom payment is a few uncivil words, threats of eviction etc,starvation of an electrical supply for a few minutes, soon resolves the problems :O)

Thinking this over, its a bit like some limited trial programme downloads. Dozens of problems found on a scan, with the only solution by purchasing the product. What do they call it, False/Positives!.

dmc727 10:26 28 Apr 06

“what would you do if?”

Sell my story to the Sun and buy a new computer with the money.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…