What would you do?

Kev.Ifty 00:15 18 Feb 06

On Saturday I bought an item on Ebay. It was from a French Seller that has an Ebay Store. The seller has a rating of around 2000, with only 5 or 6 negative.

I paid within 10 mins of the auction ending.. The Seller Emailed me 'in French' informing me that they would give me feed back only after I gave them feed back! Which I believe ain't the way it should work...

Anyway heres the thing. On Wednesday I received the item. Great!!, positive feed back on the way.

On Thursday I received an identical item. The Seller has sent another by mistake.

What do you think? The item cost £20 + £5 postage.

I have received no emails (yet) so they may not know of the error. What would you do?

Keep it?

Send it back?

or

Wait for an email and see what happens?

:-) Kev

silverous 00:20 18 Feb 06

Let them know what happened, but get them to pay postage to take it back. I think you know it is dishonest to keep it, it was a mistake and isn't morally yours.

Djohn 01:16 18 Feb 06

I agree with silverous, contact the seller and let him know what's happened. He may want you to send it back at his expense or offer it to you for say half price so you can sell on. You know its the right thing to do Kev. :o)

rdave13 01:33 18 Feb 06

Come on..you know what to do, otherwise you wouldn't be an upstanding forum member like wot we are..as Ernie Wise would say ;)

watchful 08:33 18 Feb 06

is always the best policy.

mco 10:28 18 Feb 06

and tell him.

johndrew 10:54 18 Feb 06

You can`t expect sellers to be honest if buyers aren`t.

pc_sausage 11:26 18 Feb 06

"The Seller Emailed me 'in French' informing me that they would give me feed back only after I gave them feed back! Which I believe ain't the way it should work..."

This isn't that uncommon - several ppl now state this to me and I've made it my own policy; it normally makes sure that each side gets feedback, which isn't often the case if the seller does this first

pc_sausage 11:27 18 Feb 06

Your honesty may even help Anglo-French relations...

Who know, it could be the first step to them outting our beef back on the menu ;-)

spuds 11:44 18 Feb 06

Perhaps someone is chasing the seller for their lost item, so be honest and contact the seller.Would you like to lose £25.00?.

Regarding the feedback, then I fully agree what the seller as requested. I use to give instant good feedbacks, but I have learnt my lesson through over peoples activities.

Totally-braindead 11:44 18 Feb 06

It would be tempting just to keep it wouldn't it.

Nah couldn't do that, I'd have to email him tell him of the mistake and offer to send it back, providing he paid the postage of course.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…