What tech can't you go on holiday without

PC Advisor 11:39 24 Jul 14

With the schools breaking up it's that time of year when we all start jetting off on our summer holidays. But what tech can you not live without on your travels? Place your vote in our poll - and don't worry, you can choose more than one!

canarieslover 14:39 24 Jul 14

Hey, it's a holiday!! It's a chance to get away from everything for a week or two and I only take my old 'non smart' phone so I can keep in touch with my sons in case there is anything desperately needing my attention. I switch it on for an hour each evening and they are aware of this should they need to contact me. Only downside is that a couple of weeks away means that I have a load of e-mails to sort when I get home, but the majority of them I just delete anyway.

sunnypete 15:40 24 Jul 14

Tablet for the BBC cricket scores, old Nokia phone for the family calls...Beach Shop wi-fi very handy...

john bunyan 16:03 24 Jul 14

Nothing. I leave a contact address where I am going.

isca2 17:16 24 Jul 14

My ordinary mobile phone goes of f before leaving airport and stays off. No laptop or tablet is taken. Only a camera and electric toothbrush.

Forum Editor 17:42 24 Jul 14

I always have my phone with me, regardless. I take a netbook if I'm on holiday, so I can access work files if it's necessary, and continue to moderate the forums.

It all works very well, and my long-suffering wife understands that I need an hour of computer time every morning, wherever we are. That usually happens early in the morning, when she's still asleep. If I don't get that time I can't relax during the day. I know it's sad, but it's a fact, and I'm never going to change. In return, I am quite prepared to walk around ethnic markets for hours in the baking sun - well, on one or two days anyway.

Aitchbee 17:57 24 Jul 14

I always take a 3 metre 6-way extension socket whenever I go on bus tour holidays [in Britain]. I once packed a small fridge in my large suitcase to keep drinks and small food items 'well-chilled' in hotel room.

N47. 18:57 24 Jul 14

Me, absolutely nothing. Not best pleased the wife has to take her mobile. Most of the places we trek you can not get any type of signal. ;-)

Woolwell 19:18 24 Jul 14

iPad to read the UK newspaper and to keep up to date with Facebook, e-reader for a book beside the sea and on the flight, camera is essential, smartphone in case one of our family has an emergency. Take a laptop too sometimes but an ultraportable one and that is used mainly to check in for the flight back as have found the hotel computers are not always available. iPad could probably do it though.

Menzie 19:40 24 Jul 14

For me a holiday means getting away from it all so I take some magazines and that is about it.

My smartphone stays at home, it is replaced by my super basic LG candy bar style handset which I don't have to worry about losing, I just toss in a local SIM and give that as a contact number to my nearest and dearest.

My camera comes along to capture memories as I enjoy taking photographs. After a week's holiday I usually have around 400-600 snaps to enjoy.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:47 24 Jul 14

credit card, kindle, phone for ordering taxi when I get back to the airport.

spare pair of reading glasses for typing in card number in ATM [don't need them for the kindle as i can up the font sizee ;0)]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…