What Sound Would You Go For

Condom 17 May 11

The problem of the quietness of electric cars is now being debated and it seems some regulation will be brought in so that they make some form of noise. What would you like to hear?

knockin on 17 May 11

Richard Wagner: The Ring

wiz-king 17 May 11

The sound of silence.

Quickbeam 17 May 11

As it would be from a digital file of sounds, you could choose anything from this Honda 6 to this Windows sounds

Bingalau 17 May 11

I watched a bit about this subject on TV this morning and thought then that a little bit of classical music might do the trick. Then again maybe not. Most vehicles owned by teenagers these days can be heard long before the engine anyway. Windows down, speakers full on and blasting out some type of head-banging music (sorry noise, because it's not music). So they wouldn't need to adjust to any new ruling about electric vehicles.

Maybe some sort of cheeky baker's boy whistle would do the trick. Remember when nearly all working men used to whistle on their way to work...

There's no doubt some noise indication is needed for the benefit of the blind etc.

Without noise it would be very eerie if one was stopped on the motorway after breaking down. Just feeling the wind of all the passing silent cars. Then the very nice AA man would probably say. "It doesn't sound too good to me, I will have to tow you to the nearest hearing aid station". Would they be equipped with a stethoscope to locate the problem area?

Quickbeam 17 May 11

Think how easy car repairs would become, just download a new mp3 track, and away you go...

interzone55 17 May 11

After I recent trip to London, where many Prius drivers tried to kill me by sneaking up at me, I thought that some kind of noise was required.

I decided that the most appropriate noise for an electric vehicle would be rattling milk bottles...

Quickbeam 17 May 11

"the most appropriate noise for an electric vehicle would be rattling milk bottles..." I wouldn't care to live adjacent to the M1 in 20 years time!

Bingalau 17 May 11

Maybe this inbuilt noise will be controlled by an on/off switch. So we could switch off when on motorways. But rattling milk bottles? Come on surely we can do better than that? How about rattling beer cans?

wiz-king 17 May 11

Up to 30mph - the laughing policeman. Over 30 the noise of the tyres would be enough.

rdave13 17 May 11

Something like this; Ferrari

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

Found Studio reveals the making of the Unleashed, Uncut Peugeot 208 viral

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message