What should I request from Father Christmas?

VoG II 22:04 25 Nov 05

My daughter is steadfastly refusing to buy a 'conventional' present for a dad - tie, socks etc. She thinks that as I spend so much time on my 'puter that she ought to buy me something PC-related.

But what?

I've got all the usual gubbins including TFT monitor, scanner, printer, wireless router, ZIP drive, USB external hard drive, USB TV stick, flash drive, cigar lighter (yes, really click here ) digital camera and a brand new wireless mouse. I have Windows XP and Office 2003. I do not play games except when extremely bored.

Any suggestions?

Nellie2 22:11 25 Nov 05

I've asked for an extra hard drive for my laptop, but you already have one of those!

How about an inflatable Dalek?? click here

josie mayhem 22:12 25 Nov 05

How about a nice comfy executive chair, that massages etc while you surf!

Kev.Ifty 22:29 25 Nov 05

Last Christmas i bought a Mp3 player for my Wife. She didn't think she would have any use for such a thing. She had got her Cd's and her CD player...

Well.. She can now rip and load up her favourite tracks. She is 'Over the Moon'.

Now i think i want one... ;-)

VoG II 22:42 25 Nov 05

Sorry folks I should have provided more information about my 'operating system':

Nellie2 - its only conceivable use would be zapping spyware huntresses.

josie mayhem - got one - not with massage facility but extremely comfortable. I have been known to nod off...

Kev.Ifty - I'm not really musically inclined except for some rather obscure and long defunct 70s bands. Not into iPods et al.

So you see the problem is to find an interesting present for a rather boring person.

Kev.Ifty 23:02 25 Nov 05

You need a Project...

Design your own web site!!

!You need a book!

click here

This time next year i expect to be logging in.

"VoG™ dot com" "For all your EXCEL needs"

Sorry :-(

sidecar sid 23:36 25 Nov 05

Is a graphics tablet ideal for you VoG?. Regards esso.

rdave13 00:13 26 Nov 05

"How's about"(in the words of an old DJ) a Dell pocket PC. Just another toy but can be useful.

Devil Fish 07:25 26 Nov 05

how about a 4 port usb hub that keeps your coffee warm as well click here

SG Atlantis 07:31 26 Nov 05

How about a binary watch! seen those on a site that was posted on the PCA christmas shopping thread.

Ya have to add the binary numbers to tell the time. neat.

I'll look for the link...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…