What Security?

pennyben 23:11 13 Apr 06

I always find it interesting as to what level of security users actually use. You can find those that do not use anything to those running in excess of 10 resident security programs.

What do you use, are you a minimalist with say only Anti Virus or do you verge on the paranoid?

Do you trust freeware or must you buy? No right or wrong for this just an interesting look at peoples requirements.

De Marcus™ 23:16 13 Apr 06

Absolute minimalist.

pennyben 23:28 13 Apr 06

What are you using?

DieSse 23:36 13 Apr 06

I use NOD32 AV (which also protects against malware), Kerio free Firewall - and I run Spybot and Adaware from time to time. I have WinXP set to autoupdate, to pick up all the security patches as they are issued. I use Firefox, which helps about the continuos stream of IE vulnerabilities. I back up fully, weekly.

I never worry about security, I'm very pleased with the performance of the various programs - which need next to no user intervention (NOD has updated automatically about 6 or 7 times in the last two days - with no effort on my part).

I'm confident I've got as good as it gets for protection - and that if it ever is gotten around, there would have been little or nothing extra or better I could have done - so that's why I don't worry about it.

De Marcus™ 23:36 13 Apr 06

windows firewall + avast.

wolfie3000 00:05 14 Apr 06

I use ad-aware, spybot with teatimer, zonealarm, antivir and spyware blaster.

I guess im using to many but best safe than sorry.

Belatucadrus 00:14 14 Apr 06

avast! antivirus.
Kerio free firewall.
Firefox to avoid IE vulnerabilities and most adware.
SpywareBlaster to block spyware.
Windows defender or ANother anti spyware prog, can't be bother to run more than one at a time.

Haol 08:59 14 Apr 06

NOD32, Windows Defender and Outpost Firewall and I also have a hardware firewall. Recent studies have shown that Firefox has quite a few holes thats why I use Opera, it's much faster and lighter on the system resources alos much more secure.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:23 14 Apr 06

AVG, windows defender, common sense and no firewall.

G

Forum Editor 10:27 14 Apr 06

Windows Live OneCare, Spyware doctor, Windows XP firewall.

That mix changes occasionally, as I tend to evaluate software on behalf of clients, and to test beta products for software companies.

De Marcus™ 10:41 14 Apr 06

I should add that I scan once monthly with adaware and ccleaner.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…