What qualifications for a doctors receptionist?

bumpkin 20:52 16 Jul 14

What qualifications for a doctors receptionist? In the past it was easy, all that was required was that you were blatantly rude. Now it seems (probably EU directive) that you have to be grossly obese and grotesquely ugly also.

wee eddie 21:02 16 Jul 14

And, the hide of a rhinoceros

Aitchbee 21:08 16 Jul 14

bumpkin ... you seem to have a chip on your shoulder. Do you feel better now - having vented your spleen?

Al94 21:10 16 Jul 14

I must be lucky, our receptionists are young and gorgeous!

Aitchbee 21:14 16 Jul 14

... and also, you can't judge a book by it's cover ... same maxim applies to doctors' receptionists, I reckon ;o]

bumpkin 21:17 16 Jul 14

* I must be lucky, our receptionists are young and gorgeous!*

Well they won't last long unless their specialty is rudeness.

spider9 21:33 16 Jul 14

I can honestly say that I have never come across a rude doctor's receptionist in my life.

Could it be anything to do with how one approaches them?

bumpkin 21:34 16 Jul 14

* you can't judge a book by it's cover *

Quite right Forty Shades of Grey for example does not sound rude.

Woolwell 22:06 16 Jul 14

bumpkin - Are you by any chance confusing your doctor's surgery with your vet's? What have they done to upset you?

Our receptionists at both are pleasant and mainly slim. They have to be polite nowadays.

spider9 22:47 16 Jul 14

What's that old proverb about 'reaping what you sow'?!

spuds 23:59 16 Jul 14

The doctor's practice I frequent, seems to now have a change of staff on occasions, and the replacements all seem fair minded and reasonably fit and of 'average' build.

The only problem at times is how each individual works, completely different to each other when requesting an appointment or when attempting to leave a message, that wants passing on to the GP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…