What PC or tablet do I need?

Salmonpuss 17:48 22 Jan 14

Hi being a uni lecturer I miss the days of overhead projectors which allowed me to edit drawings and text whilst teaching. Is there a modern version in either tablet or PC form ( or combo of both) which will allow me to use a stylus to edit documents and drawings and then to save these changes? Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

john bunyan 17:56 22 Jan 14

There are many projectors that work with, for example, a laptop. They vary in cost and quality. See:

PC World

They should show whatever is on your PC, but I am not sure how you would show "live" changes. I have been to presentations where the lecturer uses a laser touch to point at the screen. No doubt others will "enlarge" on this!

1]: [click here

john bunyan 18:01 22 Jan 14

There are, also, Electronic visualisers See:

Visualisers

Woolwell 21:24 22 Jan 14

I am surprised that a uni lecturer has not come across interactive whiteboards but not that cheap.

Salmonpuss 11:51 24 Jan 14

We do have interactive white boards and I can connect my laptop to the projector but I want to be add to the drawings and text whilst I am teaching. I just want to know the best tablet with stylo out there and the packages it goes with and if there is a PC equivalent.

Woolwell 12:15 24 Jan 14

Interactive whiteboards have special pens that allow you to add to drawings and text.

Salmonpuss 16:13 24 Jan 14

Not every lecture theatre has a whiteboard and I can not take a white board on field trips. I am after something portable

Salmonpuss 16:13 24 Jan 14

Not every lecture theatre has a whiteboard and I can not take a white board on field trips. I am after something portable

Woolwell 16:19 24 Jan 14

It depends on what drawings you want to edit. You can edit PowerPoint and project as you type. You can do that on a laptop plus projector or even tablet plus projector. You will of course need a screen.

Kevscar1 16:51 24 Jan 14

if it's field trips don't see how you can lug a laptop, projector and screen around

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now