What a lot of wires!

rawprawn 15:13 15 Mar 08

Over the years I have collected a seemingly endless number of wires/ connections/ AC Adapters and this morning I decided the time had come for a clear out.
Problem!!!!
What on earth are they all for, out of a huge selection of AC adapters only 2 have the makers name on enabling me to trace the which piece of hardware to which they belonged, USB's galore with different connections at the other end,small camera connections but which camera and so on.

In the end I have thrown out only a minute portion of this vast hoard, fearful that I would throw out something that I would later discover was essential to Run/ Connect some obscure piece of equipment.I have wasted a morning getting nowhere.
Do others have wires and bits of computers that they have accumulated, and are fearful of throwing out just in case???

josie mayhem 15:15 15 Mar 08

Yep I know that feeling well....

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:18 15 Mar 08

I stick a label on each one, so no problem here. I also do not hoard stuff, if not used in 6 months it gets junked.

G

rawprawn 15:21 15 Mar 08

" stick a label on each one"
That was my intention (Fiendishly clever)but now too late.

skeletal 15:28 15 Mar 08

GANDALF <|:-)> you are my hero!! Please come round now and save me! Do you wear your underpants on the outside of your trousers?? Our house and garages, and shed are full to bursting point with rubbish dating back up to 40 years, some things I forgot I had 39 years ago.

But I can’t throw it away, because like rawprawn “it may be useful one day”.

Skeletal

sunny staines 16:08 15 Mar 08

what about a cable tidy strip.

Legolas 16:11 15 Mar 08

I have plastic bags under my bed full of all sorts of wires and connections and I just can't throw any away,I always think I might need them. I am a bit of a hoarder and very untidy.

rawprawn 16:13 15 Mar 08

"what about a cable tidy strip."
I didn't know they made them that would tell you what old cables were for, can you give me a link? =))

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:11 15 Mar 08

Was in same situation awhile ago.
cables and chargers for phones, mp3 players cameras etc.

Spent a couple of days figuring out what went where.
Then labelled and bagged the cables and equipment.
Also keep the lot in a "divided" drawer.

Was definately a wothwhile exercise as it now saves me hours if lokking for something.

sunny staines 17:16 15 Mar 08

rawprawn

i understood it wrong thought a lot of cables in a mess between pc and plug.

BT 17:55 15 Mar 08

I have been sticking labels on mine for years, the only problem I have is not being able to find the one I want. I have one of those big rechargeable torches but I can't find the charger for love or money! I know its about somewhere because I've used it since I moved house, but as usual it will turn up when I'm not looking for it and in a place most unexpected!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5