What has happened to Sunraysia ?

flycatcher1 18:29 24 Aug 14

My wife has a great liking for pure Prune Juice, not from concentrate , and favoured Sunraysia products. Recently this firm seems to have disappeared from view, Waitrose sold their stock off at half price! I bought ten! but they now say that the product is not available.

Is there anyone out there who knows what has happened to the firm ? All our attempts to get any information have failed.

BT 18:37 24 Aug 14

Found this website. Seems its an Australian company

Sunraysia

spuds 18:41 24 Aug 14

flycatcher1

Quite a number of companies are being bought out, and with that usually goes the name and some of the products?.

I put Sunraysia into Google, and I don't know if its any help to you?. click here

john bunyan 19:43 24 Aug 14

flycatcher1

My wife regularly (!!) buys Sunsweet brand from ASDA and other stores.

Sunsweet

john bunyan 19:46 24 Aug 14

Their Promo:

California prunes

flycatcher1 21:25 24 Aug 14

Thanks for the prompt responses . BT . It is an Aussie company but their links to resellers do not show available products.

Spuds Google leads to sellers, we often bought supplies from Amazon but they show not available.

john bunyan We have had to resort to Sunsweet but the product is not thought to be as good. A regular supply is obviously necessary for well being HO HO. Of course we were both Regulars so we had no problems there particularly when operating under Mushroom conditions.

Woolwell 23:01 24 Aug 14

Doesn't appear to be on sale in UK.

There is Eden Prune juice but have no idea whether it is any good.

wee eddie 00:21 25 Aug 14

Why not purchase prunes and make your own in a liquidiser. There's an added advantage to this, there will be no added preservatives

BT 07:38 25 Aug 14

I know there are things in Prunes/juice that assist with relieving constipation, but I did hear that years ago prunes were coated with Castor Oil to keep them moist and assist with preservation. As we all know Castor Oil has the required effect due to the fact that it is essentially an irritant to the intestines so that combined with the prunes would usually work quite well. However the use of Castor Oil is now not permitted so the effectiveness of prunes isn't so good as it was. I'm not sure you can even buy Castor oil easily any more.

flycatcher1 09:54 25 Aug 14

wee eddie prunes are part of the diet.

john bunyan 10:06 25 Aug 14

flycatcher1

prunes are part of the diet

This was not your RAF handle, was it? (Whilst in Mushroom Squadron)

PO Prune

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…