What happened to BTX?

sunny staines 10:37 23 Mar 06

I was planning a new pc build to co inside with vista. Trying to use latestest hardware etc so the system will last.

But have BTX Motherboards died out Intel have not adopted BTX despite much hype when BTX was first mentioned. Plenty of Tower cases but no motherboards.

ade.h 18:46 23 Mar 06

It's still around - in formats that corrspond to all the various ATX forms (mini, etc.) - but just hasn't taken off. I liked the idea when it was announced, but perhaps it hasn't received the push that it deserved.

click here

sunny staines 12:00 24 Mar 06

ade.h

thanks for the Intel link,It's a shame more boards hav'nt come out not even a full size Intel one.

CurlyWhirly 22:03 25 Mar 06

I have often wondered what had happened to the BTX case format as well as it seemed a much better system for cooling down your graphics card and processor.

I wonder whether it will ever take off or just sink into oblivion?

PurplePenny 22:42 25 Mar 06

I remember a while back when it seemed as though PCI-E, BTX and Vista would all happen around the same time!

I recall a forum poster saying that he was going to wait and upgrade to all three at once. I'd been thinking of doing the same. Now I'm not sure that my poor old workhorse will last till Vista.

Did I read that there will be a new version of AGP soon which might snatch the graphics cards back from PCI-E? (Or is that a product of my fevered imagination?)

Mr Mistoffelees 22:44 25 Mar 06
  sunny staines 09:10 26 Mar 06

mr mistoffelees

thanks for the link

sunny staines 16:26 30 Mar 06

found this review on dual cases an ATX case with BTX conversion parts.

I like the review of the Coolmaster
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac