What feature of a digital camera is most important to you?

PC Advisor 16:35 21 May 10

When buying a new digital camera, do you look for sensor power or small size? Or is price your first consideration?

ronalddonald 16:41 21 May 10

focus and card

HondaMan 16:57 21 May 10

Speed (fps) essential for action stuff and speed of focus, same reason. Fast transfer rates and minimal shutter delay, hence Nikon D3.

Cymro. 17:10 21 May 10

The ability to delete photos that I don`t wish to keep. With photography like mine it is the function I make the most use of.

Covergirl 17:16 21 May 10

. . . closely followed by quick start up and high optical zoom.

Brumas 17:50 21 May 10

Not being particularly adept at photography I would definitely want a view finder should I change my current model.
On a good day it produces 'mini-masterpieces'(IMHO) but when the sun is shining and I can't see the image on the screen - total disaster!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:18 21 May 10

Reasonable picture (10M) and zoom (4 or more) + good battery life

Chegs ®™ 18:19 21 May 10

My digital camera is old & only has a 1.3 megapixel image.I have a mobile phone with an 8 megapixel image,it also takes HD movies & pictures,but annoyingly...it has a "light" but no flash.My previous phone took similar size images (no HD arrangement) and produces better pictures than my digital camera.

My wishlist for a digital camera is high sensor power,good flash,decent optical zoom but my only use for a digital camera is to take "snaps" so I might as well get as many additional uses out the item(hence the phones)

muddypaws 18:25 21 May 10

I have a 12 mp camera and agree with Brumas that I would want a viewfinder, which mine hasn't got.
Also at least 10 mp with at least x5 optical zoom.
Digital zoom is a total waste of space.
Even with a x5 you really need an optical stabiliser as opposed to digital, but then you start to move out of the compact camera market.

Toneman 18:43 21 May 10

My Ixus has a viewfinder which I thought I would need, hence this model, but for indoors I find I use the screen more for composing the shot. Would consider most important is the lens quality.

Pineman100 18:57 21 May 10

As a grandfather of four lively small boys, shutter lag is my biggest bugbear. I press the button, and by the time the shot is captured, the moment has passed.

An optical viewfinder is also essential on sunny days, when the screen is unusable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…