What does it take

NIGEY 20:09 03 Mar 05

What does it take to find anything that will not remotely intrest you on this site? and for this very reason im giving this site the massive acolade of the best informative site in exsistance,do you know any different? it isnt until you start exploring you realise the work that goes into it, still i guess you all know that" well done" and im sure you'll join me in congratulating them on such a standard setting place on the web...apart from pca's website of course!
and the site?

click here

wiz-king 21:32 03 Mar 05

The BBC have been told to concentrate on 'public service programming' and that the web site should be cut back as it is not public service broadcasting!

pj123 13:27 04 Mar 05

wiz-king, I didn't get that impression from the reports in my local paper. The TV licence fee breakdown they gave was that only 30p out of the £121 fee was spent on online and interactive services which include the BBC website. (not a bank breaking amount).

It also says that 40 percent of licence fee payers use the website and 70 percent of year 11 pupils use it for its GCSE Bitesize learning material.

So, I agree with NIGEY.

Fellsider 16:05 04 Mar 05

Presumably the other £120.70p goes on repeats. :>) lol

pj123 13:15 05 Mar 05

Sorry Guys, got that slightly wrong. The 30p figure is per month = £3.60 of every £121.

The complete breakdown is:
BBC1 and BBC2 = £60
Digital TV = £12
10 national radio stations = £14.40
Regional TV and local radio stations = £18
Online and Interactive services = £3.60
Broadcasting costs and collecting the licence fee = £12

Fellsider, yes notice lots of repeats, especially on the digital channels. It is cheap programming for them. That's the problem. The more channels you have the worse the content.

wiz-king 17:26 05 Mar 05

guess where? are trying to take it away click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…