What do you want for Xmas?

Totally-braindead 14:37 12 Nov 06

Well its getting near you know much as many of us might not want to think about it.
I just received a new catalogue from Iwantoneofthose.com and noticed this and want one click here sad I admit but I thought it was rather cute and I wouldn't have to clean its cage out or even feed it.
They have some other equally useless gadgets which are quite fun, my mother had a look at the catalogue herself and was quite taken with this click here not quite sure why it must have appealed to her sense of humor. Or as a stocking filler how about this click here this could be a computer essential.
Anyone else got something they would like for Xmas which is unusual/amusing?

Brumas 15:17 12 Nov 06

It is not unusual or amusing and I do not want to sound boring or trite but all I want, and I suspect a lot more beside me , is

Peace on Earth and Goodwill to ALL Men

Totally-braindead 15:35 12 Nov 06

Well we can't all have the same sense of humour. I think they are amusing, you don't, fair enough I suppose.
I was looking for some ideas for little gimmicky Xmas presents.
I too would like to see Peace On Earth I'm sure all of us would but its not really likely however much we wish it.

Brumas 15:47 12 Nov 06

I did not mean the contents of your link were not unusual/amusing - I meant what I wanted for Christmas was certainly not unusual or amusing.

If my children were younger I would certainly buy a few 'stocking fillers' from there.

hijo 15:54 12 Nov 06

yep it'd be nice to have a ps3 or/& a dual core pc...maybe after xmas eh..

season8 16:10 12 Nov 06

A day off over Christmas would be nice!

Totally-braindead 16:58 12 Nov 06

I misunderstood Brumas I thought you didn't like them. I bought a few wee stocking fillers from them last year for my mates kids and they went down well so who knows what I'll get then this year.

hijo I wouldn't hold your breath about the PS3. The dual core processor is an idea for my Xmas. I think I'll go have a look at processors as its been a while and perhaps I could upgrade my PC for Xmas.

season8 I hope your wish comes true. And I hope it comes true for all the Forum members.

Anyone seen any other novelty items as stocking fillers, perhaps about the £10 mark? Doesn't have to be computer related.

WhiteTruckMan 17:01 12 Nov 06

Perhaps goodwill to a few women this year might not go amiss either....<g>

WTM

Totally-braindead 17:08 12 Nov 06

Nope hijo, no dual core for me still too dear. But I did see that the processor I bought just before Xmas a Athlon 64 3500+ is now half the price it was when I bought it. Thats the way of things with computers though.

Brumas 17:51 12 Nov 06

wheyaye !!

Mr Mistoffelees 17:55 12 Nov 06

I bought a new Athlon64 4000+ at the same time. Cost me £225, just found one online for £94. It's never the right time to buy!

It would be rather nice if someone would buy me an nVidia GeForce 7950GT. I only want one!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…