What do you think of PC names

simonjary 12:19 12 Jul 07

Vostro? Solar? Notino?

click here

Dell has launched a new business range of PCs, called Vostro.

It's like car names designed to suit pan-European and worldwide markets.

What would you name a new range of PCs?

madgamer234 12:28 12 Jul 07

techno,electro,saydo and the dodo range for vista.

Quickbeam 12:29 12 Jul 07

it was going to be about 'politically correct'... in which case the answer is RUBBISH;)

What would I call a range of new computers?... 'New computers'.

anskyber 13:18 12 Jul 07

""Customers really hated trialware," said Michael Dell, the company's CEO. "It was the most frustrating thing for customers in setting up a new computer," he added."

He's telling me!

Frankly I could not care one jot what they are called so long as they work and not preloaded with garbage; sorry helpful chances to use programs. I have a Dell which I like very much but the first few hours proved to be a fight against things I did not want and which insisted I should have being good for me.

interzone55 13:34 12 Jul 07

Use this to remove "trial ware"

click here

As for PC names, try the ones Sony uses like VGX-XL202 or VGC-LA2 lovely friendly names those...

Totally-braindead 16:04 12 Jul 07

Names I would pick would depend on the spec and more particularly the make.
How about "The cannot be upgraded without spending a fortune on a new case and power supply PC" or
"If it works it'll work forever but if it fails you'll only have the use of it for 3 months of the year while its away getting repeatadly fixed"

Suppose they are a bit long winded eh?

Si_L 17:37 12 Jul 07

Sorry but those names in the first post are terrible. Kids have the best imaginations, ask a kid, they will give you better names

Stuartli 17:40 12 Jul 07

I'm more interested in the manufacturer and specifications than any fancy names.

crosstrainer 18:09 12 Jul 07

To name mine (all self-build 'cept the laptop) after the main board manufacturer and cpu: eg: ECS AMDFX Exciting eh...better ask a kid :)

Pine Man 18:18 12 Jul 07

Mine has different names depending on whether or not it is working properly.

Sometimes I have to shout it's name really loudly to get it to work and sometimes swearing helps;-)

pj123 18:23 12 Jul 07

Mine is called "a computer". Actually, that's not true. I have four computers and they are called, PC1, PC2, PC3 and PC4.

Other than that, who cares?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…