What do you think of Google+?

PC Advisor 12:22 03 Jan 12

With Google+ to hit 400 million users by the end of 2012, we want to know what you think of the search engine's new social network.

Have your say in our poll here.

sunnystaines 13:32 03 Jan 12

if i am right google+ is one of those social sites so i shall leave well alone

canarieslover 13:59 03 Jan 12

I'm like sunnystaines as I don't use any social networks at all.

camillt 14:09 03 Jan 12

Mike Elgan has picked up this survey and posted about it on Google+. I find myself agreeing with him that you have worded the questions in such as way as to produce the response that you are looking for. Even if you aren't looking for a specific answer, I find that I am unable to give an answer that I am happy with. Please respond.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/113117251731252114390/posts/hRm4MHYG5EA

Mr Mistoffelees 14:35 03 Jan 12

I'm as unlikely to set-up a Google+ account as I am Facebook account. My social networking is limited to minimal use of Twitter, and that is the way it is going to stay.

mgoodness 15:26 03 Jan 12

"Rather looks as though the morons have moved in and destroyed any hope of the poll producing a meaningful result.

Given that Google+ says of itself 'connect with the people who matter most' the notion that 'believers' will expect it to outpace all other social networks seems reasonable."

The options provided by this poll are what guarantee there will be no meaningful result. I think Google+ is great, but I don't know if it will be the most popular social network, so the first choice isn't appropriate for me. I think it's better than OK, and certainly better than Facebook, so the second choice is likewise off the table. None of the remaining selections reflect my opinion, either.

Just a poorly-crafted survey.

ams4127 15:45 03 Jan 12

Just another social networking site from which I will stay well clear.

My networking with friends takes place in my local pub. Real friends in real places.

Matt Egan 16:44 03 Jan 12

camillt I've responded to Mike on that thread. We tweaked the questions to reflect his (valid) points about the phraseology, but utterly refute the idea that we were somehow trying to denigrate Google+ and favour Facebook. It's an odd viewpoint: why would we favour one social network over another?

pnakotus 17:18 03 Jan 12

Where is the option to say "it's bad"? Why can't I say that I dislike it?

Is it really the opinion of this site that the only possible positions on G+ are positive, neutral, or baffled ignorance?

morddwyd 18:00 03 Jan 12

I have often though that a standard option on PCA polls should be "None of the Above" so that the survey would give some indication of how many people have looked at the poll but feel they can't answer objectively or fairly.

Quickbeam 09:08 04 Jan 12

I'm a "None of the Above"

It's not really my sort of thing, I still phone people 'cause it's easier than texting and knock on friends doors rather than email!

Maybe I'm turning into a Ludite as I age...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…