What do you really love about your computer?

Sapins 08:51 22 Aug 04

My favourite, pun intended, is when I have pressed F11 for full screen and I have the favourites list open, then when I move the pointer to the right the favourites list gracefully slides to the left out of sight, move the pointer to the left and it magically re-appears. I know this is sad, but, us addicts will take any fix we can get. Just done it 5 times before posting this :-(

You will probably have something much more sophisticated?

richard_s 14:23 22 Aug 04

Have just tried that and no go. Could it be because I am using an avant browser?

Sorry but I do not know many of these fancy manoeuvres. I have just learnt about F5 to refresh the page and Ctrl + n for a duplicate page.

Valvegrid 14:45 22 Aug 04

Just tried that with mine and it goes thud one side and thud the other, so what are you using?

pj123 15:00 22 Aug 04

Absolutely nothing. It's just like my car. When I get in and turn the key I hope it starts. If it does, great. If it doesn't, then back to the dealer to sort it out.

Curio 15:10 22 Aug 04

It does not answer back when I suffer Mental Block/Finger trouble!

Sapins 15:29 22 Aug 04

Hi richard_s and valvegrid, I'm using Internet Explorer V6.0 I just open a window and then press F11 to give a maximum screen, then I click on favourites which appear on the left side. When you click to the right the favourites list slides out of sight. Don't know if it works with other browsers.

pj123, what a shame ;-)

Curio, just as well for me, I'd never shut it up!

Al94 15:41 22 Aug 04

Works for me on IE6 with autohide set. Dont have to click though, favs reappear if corsor moved to left of screen and slides back when cursor moved anywhere else on the page

spuds 17:31 22 Aug 04

The answer to the question..Everything.

[Doe's Pinnochio have a long nose!!]

sidecar sid 21:30 22 Aug 04

I built it my self and it works like a dream.

niknax 22:11 22 Aug 04

i built mine myself & it also runs like a dream!!
after years of learning 95 & 98 lifes bliss!!

Eargasm 22:46 22 Aug 04

I "plugged" mine in myself and it works like a dream (thamks to the helproom forum)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…