What do you do on a saturday now?

m800afc 17:59 10 May 08

As a lower league football supporter, my season has ended with mid table anonymity. As it happens I am under the weather, so have spent the afternoon indoors listening to The Nice, Colosseum, and Yes.
What do other supporters do, on matchdays, during the break from footy (the clothes season my missis calls it)?

WhiteTruckMan 19:33 10 May 08

What else but watch Doctor Who?

I liked this weeks episode.

WTM

Pine Man 19:38 10 May 08

..........has football finished then? Does it have to come back? Really!

csqwared 20:29 10 May 08

I'ld have thought that in view of the last two or three stinkers from Brumas, the answer should be obvious - solve the puzzle.

Clapton is God 20:37 10 May 08

"What do you do on a saturday now?"

Same as always - catching up on the housework, the shopping, the gardening, keeping the house in order (painting, etc), PC housekeeping, banking, etc.

As usual I was up at 6am this morning, managed to grab a quick sandwich for lunch and finally sank into an armchair at about 5pm.

I cannot understand how people find the time to relax at the "workend" if they have a proper job during the week.

Or perhaps they live in a pigsty? No offence to pigs intended.

Forum Editor 20:43 10 May 08

I'm there now, typing this as I sit overlooking my pond. We've just enjoyed a barbecue meal, cooked by yours truly, and the evening is calm, soft and warm. I have the laptop fired up, and all is well.

Time enough for football, later in the year.

peg 20:51 10 May 08

ummm barbecue, I dont follow any team in particular but it dose seam empty with no match of the day to look forward to. as for the big guns, I hope man u win tomorrow, come on you reds n all that.

belfman 20:52 10 May 08

Samething as always. I work every other Saturday (actually all weekend) and on my Saturday off have high hopes of spending it with the kids and missus. Then on the day I end up with a sore head wishing I was in work. Today was my Saturday in work... ;)

rossgolf 21:35 10 May 08

well ive been up since 7 his morning playing golf...only just walked in the house....very tiring. thats all my Saturday comprises of :D

anskyber 21:42 10 May 08

I rode my bike and returned to my wife who had that "I think we should have a BBQ" look on her face.

So I dutifully obliged and sat out in the garden enjoying both the BBQ and the balmy evening. Occasionally I waved my arms in a rather silly manner to encourage the swallows to build their nests somewhere other than over out front door.

Football, well Sunderland are safe, just as well because they play the best footballing team on the planet tomorrow.....Arsenal.

al7478 21:43 10 May 08

personally, its a mystery why they keep commissioning new series of this football thing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…