what can be done

onthelimit2 18:12 18 Aug 10

to protect our vulnerable members of the public

click here

Forum Editor 18:56 18 Aug 10

to be a man and come forward and to show some respect for someone of dad's character. He was an honest hard-working family man."

If the person involved was a man who was capable of understanding the concept of respect for an elderly and vulnerable person he wouldn't have committed the murder in the first place.

There's an element in society that has absolutely no respect for the lives of others, and will stop at nothing to get money to fund an idle,drug-soaked lifestyle. Such people contribute nothing to the society which harbours them, but will take whatever they can, when they can. Unfortunately we can do little about them, apart from paying out good money to keep them in benefits, and home comforts on the rare occasions that they are caught and imprisoned.

I send my condolences to Geoffrey Bacon's family, and wish the Police every bit of luck in tracking down and arresting the brainless excuse for a human being who so callously killed him.

Forum Editor 19:00 18 Aug 10

that when he is caught I hope the culprit falls heavily down the steps of the Police station on the way to the cells, but that would be an inappropriate thing to say, so I won't say it.

onthelimit2 19:38 18 Aug 10

what gets me FE is that Geoffrey Bacon fought for our freedom, and this murderer who took his life is to blind to see that.as far he is concerned easy pickings.

I'm angry that the mugger can just pick on someone whose defenceless yet this defenceless friend Geoffrey Bacon defended our freedom and protected us.

No one deserves this the murderer has to be caught, its not Just Geoffrey Bacon but there others who are just as vulnerable.

Forum Editor 22:04 18 Aug 10

I very much doubt that the culprit would have have known about his victim's past. He simply attacked a defenceless old man, and that kind of thing happens quite often.

The difference in this case was Geoffrey Bacon's status as a second world war veteran and dyed in the wool Londoner. That's why it attracted media attention.

It's a story just made for the newspapers.

ella33 22:22 18 Aug 10

Very sad that anyone could attack an elderly man. How much money did they think he would have anyway? Apart from callous, it is senseless.

Kevscar1 07:39 19 Aug 10

Forum Editor
Wed, [email protected]:00

I would like to add

that when he is caught I hope the culprit falls heavily down the steps of the Police station on the way to the cells, but that would be an inappropriate thing to say, so I won't say it.

and if it did happen there would be cetain people on here screamimg about Police brutality and how they can murder anyone and get away with it.

wolfie3000 09:36 19 Aug 10

FE im shocked at you response to this story, You imply the person who committed this act was an idle drug soaked layabout whos only purpose in life is to sponge off of hard working tax payers.
With no evidence of any kind.

"I would like to add that when he is caught I hope the culprit falls heavily down the steps of the Police station on the way to the cells."

Nice reactionary statement there, Good job showing your impartial side.

Im not for one minute saying the mugger shouldn't be punished for his crime but condoning Police brutality and making gross generalisations,

This I didn't expect from you at all.

tullie 09:48 19 Aug 10

FE is spot on with what he said.

wolfie3000 09:55 19 Aug 10

tullie - With which part the condoning police brutality or the gross generalisations?

A person mugs and kills an oap so he must be a dole scrounging drug user.
So when hes caught hes taken to a back room and beaten within an inch of his live before trial.

Yep sounds spot on to me.

carver 10:10 19 Aug 10

"that when he is caught I hope the culprit falls heavily down the steps of the Police station on the way to the cells"

Now that would be a sad thing to happen, especially if he happened to fall down them about 6 times.

This sort of person (you can not call him a man) when or if he is caught will get some one to argue for his defense that it's not really his fault, that society, upbringing the fact he was bottle fed are the main reasons he commits criminal acts.

He might get 18-24 months in jail then will be free to go about his life, personally I would like to see him flogged in public, then branded so for the rest of his life he would have a reminder of the death he has caused.

But thats just me trying to be nice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…