What came first for you

tasslehoff burrfoot 23:09 02 Apr 05

This forum or the magazine?

i.e. Were you a PCA mag reader and found the forum that way or vice versa?

For me it was this forum. We have a PC help forum on the intRAnet at work and somebody once asked for something similar on the intERnet, amongst 5 or 6 suggestions there was one which said "personally I couldn't live without www . pcadvisor . co.uk"

I took a look and was hooked! This led me to try the mag, same goes!

So, what I was basically wondering was does the forum feed valuable subscribers to the mag or does the mag feed valuable contributors to the forum?

Cheers

Tas

JAN-BOY 23:13 02 Apr 05

The magazine came first, even before my first computer.

PurplePenny 23:30 02 Apr 05

The magazine came first for me. I used to read my brother's copy then he gave me a subscription for a Christmas pressie. I found the forum address in the magazine.

VoG II 00:13 03 Apr 05

mag.

CurlyWhirly 01:03 03 Apr 05

Magazine first, then I noticed a reference to the forum inside the magazine.

CurlyWhirly 01:04 03 Apr 05

Magazine first, then I noticed a reference to the forum inside the magazine.

picklsey 08:06 03 Apr 05

form first got a link through aol home page.been getting the mag. for a while now.

slowhand_1000 11:55 03 Apr 05

Magazine first.

Then I got what seemed like at the time a huge problem. Found the forum and now those huge problems don't seem too big.

carolineann 12:29 03 Apr 05

Magazine first, then like Curly I noticed the ref; to the Forum. I Joined up just to have a look, then I started having problems with my old computer and the help was and still is second to none.

Dan the Doctus 15:34 03 Apr 05

Mag first, decided to use this forum instead of running up huge phone bills on less-than-helpful helplines. No regrets :)

AndySD 16:34 03 Apr 05

Magazine.....missed issue 1 but got it from 2 onwards......the forum came later.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…