What is @ called ?

  ashdav 00:16 11 Jul 06

Does anyone know the correct name for this symbol ?
It's just to solve a discussion (argument!) in my local.

  ashdav 00:20 11 Jul 06

by the way you can't Google for it as it's one of those items (like the, a, it ) that Google ignores.

  Tim1964 00:26 11 Jul 06
  Devil Fish 00:26 11 Jul 06


  Jimmy14 00:26 11 Jul 06

I've always known it by.

  Slim Shady 00:26 11 Jul 06

click here

Hope it helps!


  nigg 00:27 11 Jul 06

commercial at

  Starfox 00:30 11 Jul 06

According to click here it's simply called the "at".

  ashdav 00:31 11 Jul 06

thanks folks. I knew it was used to infer "at" but I thought it had a proper grammatical name.
Slim Shady's link seems to be the nearest so I'll tick as resolved.

  €dstowe 06:26 11 Jul 06

The correct grammatical term for the & sign is AMPERSAND.

See click here

  rezeeg 08:07 11 Jul 06

€dstowe anampersand is the '&' sign - meaning 'and'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…