WERKZEUGE Google Sprach - Google Language Tools

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 20:28 18 Sep 05

Hiya,

I recently discovered the google language tools.

I know most of you know about this already, but Im facinated with the google language tools, you can find them at click here

Now, whenever im on a foreign website or chat forum I can actully see what they are writing, and reply to them.

You can also convert an entire web page which is damn nifty too.

Have lots of fun, I have! :D

--------------------------------------

Hiya, entdeckte ich vor kurzem die googlesprachwerkzeuge. Ich weiß, daß die meisten von Ihnen in diesem bereits auskennen, aber Im mit den googlesprachwerkzeugen, Sie können sie an click here, wann immer im auf einem fremden website- oder Schwätzchenforum ich actully sehen können, was sie schreiben, und an der Antwort auf sie jetzt finden facinated. Sie können ein gesamtes 4web page auch umwandeln, das auch verfluchtes nifty ist. Haben Sie Lose Spaß, ich haben!

bremner 20:50 18 Sep 05

Eine ausgezeichnete Verbindung danken Ihnen sehr viel.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 20:55 18 Sep 05

"An excellent connection thank you very much"

erm...No problem...

VoG II 22:16 18 Sep 05

???Ben ???10!

Forum Editor 22:43 18 Sep 05

into thinking that any software can translate from one language to another with any degree of fluency, because it can't.

I run several websites for clients who are based in Europe, and we have to produce French, German, Spanish and Italian translations on a fairly regular basis. I work with translators in each of the countries concerned, and was recently talking to the French translator about the Google language tools. She told me that the Google tool makes a terrible job of translating English to French, and is certainly not to be relied on. I'm sure the same is true of other languages; if you think about it, no software could possibly translate properly.

VoG II 22:59 18 Sep 05

Sorry about my earlier message which was meant to be in Chinese (simplified). Obviously any Chinese posters are going to have a hard time here (FE - joke!!).

Always translate both ways: thus Google translates

'Lead is a heavy metal"

to 'Le fil est un métal lourd' in French, which translated back again is

'The wire is a heavy metal'

which is not the original.

I have fallen foul of this myself. I had to give a lecture abroad with French and German translations. I used click here and as I know a little French I was able to make some tweaks. I speak no German however and I could sense that those Germans in the audience that were reading the German summary were wetting themselves.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:22 18 Sep 05

The German that you wrote at the end of your thread is so wrong in so many ways. It is the worst translation that I have ever seen. It is practically incomprehensible to native speakers. There is a long, long, long, long, long, long way to go yet.

G

igk 00:40 19 Sep 05

Actually its pretty near the mark,better than an altavista babelfish attempt and I e-mailed it to a German colleague and he understood it ok except for some slight paraphrasing which is to be expected...

wolfie3000 04:30 19 Sep 05

I have a spanish e-mail pen freind as well as speaking spanish she speaks english fluently so i thought for a laugh i would send her an e-mail in spanish using the google language tools well the reply i got back had me in stitches as she said "what am are you on about i dont even drive a fish" i will leave it up to your imagination what i e-mailed her in spanish but it wasnt nothing to do with fish. lol

€dstowe 07:47 19 Sep 05

An old pastime with Babelfish (and I'm sure this Google thing will work with this) is to take a phrase in English and translate it into, say, French. Then translate that into German and that into Spanish and so on. Finally, translate back into English. The more translations you do, the more confused the message becomes and what you get at the end will have little resemblance to anything you started with.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 14:31 19 Sep 05

"An old pastime with Babelfish (and I'm sure this Google thing will work with this) is to take a phrase in English and translate it into, say, French. Then translate that into German and that into Spanish and so on. Finally, translate back into English. The more translations you do, the more confused the message becomes and what you get at the end will have little resemblance to anything you started with."

* an old man Pastime with Babelfish (and I sure, that this Google thing with this working), to have an English sentence to take and they of French statement to translate for us. then translate that into German and that in Spanish and so on. Lastly, you translate return into English. More translations to you, be confused the advertisement and what you receive at the end, little similarity has you with all, started.

hehe, did it a coule of times, an old man...?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now