We're moving to our new server

Forum Editor 17:51 26 Apr 07

on Saturday morning, 28th April.

Whilst the move takes place we'll be disabling the post facility, and the option to register with us will be unavailable.

We don't anticipate any problems, but it's always possible that the site will go offline for a short while. Please bear with us if that happens, we'll be back soon, on what we hope will be a faster, more stable platform.

I'm posting this notice in all forum areas.

anskyber 17:52 26 Apr 07

Good news.....and good luck with the move.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:56 26 Apr 07

Thanks for the update.

Any ida how long it will take to change over?

Forum Editor 18:32 26 Apr 07

Not really. In theory it shouldn't take more than a couple of hours, but experience has taught me that hours spent configuring complex sites on new servers tend to be longer than 60 minutes each.

Pine Man 18:35 26 Apr 07

At the risk of bringing the whole world crashing down around my shoulders (again) I must raise the issue of duplicate threads.

I appreciate that it is important for everybody to know about this change and it doesn't necessarily warrant a reply BUT several months ago I felt strongly about an apparant scam that did not necessarily warrant any responses and I wanted to make sure as many people as possible heard about it so I posted it on several, if not all, of the forums purely for information.

To say the reponses were vitriolic is an understatement as well as words of advice from yourself. The more I tried to justify myself the worse the vitriol got and all but one of the threads was removed.

Now I know it's all in the past and of course I've got over it but it does make the issue of duplicate posting more of a shade of grey rather than pure black and white.

I had to get it out of my system and I'll say no more - honestly. ;-)

Kate B 18:37 26 Apr 07

Great news, Peter.

Pine Man, I think you should start your own thread - you seem to have a separate issue.

Pine Man 18:39 26 Apr 07

Read it again!

Pine Man 18:40 26 Apr 07

.... and the last line of the FE's thread.

Forum Editor 18:59 26 Apr 07

"I know it's all in the past and of course I've got over it"

Really?

Pine Man 19:06 26 Apr 07

That is not at all what I expected from you.

Jak_1 20:51 26 Apr 07

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Pineman, what's your problem? All FE was doing was to kindly inform us all the date of the move. Nothing duplicate about that!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5