Well, I've just finished watching ....

Clapton is God 12:51 01 Jan 09

the annual New Year's Day concert from Vienna by the Vienna Philharmonic.

An excellent programme of Strauss and Haydn, as usual.

No Mr Clapton but thoroughly enjoyable for all that! ;-))

egapup 12:54 01 Jan 09

Sounds riviting.

Clapton is God 13:07 01 Jan 09

"Sounds riviting (sic)"

Which is precisely why I watch it every year

natdoor 13:20 01 Jan 09

I have also watched it, as we do every year. I watched it several times in Germany before it was on Eurovision.

This year was particularly poignant with Barenboim as conductor. He has done much to bring about reconciliation in the Middle East and supports and conducts a youth orchestra with Jewish and Palestinian players. They performed last year in the BBC Promenade Concerts.

I would urge those who did not see this morning's concert to watch the repeat on BBC4 at 7.00pm. You may find it uplifting.

Happy New Year.

tullie 13:30 01 Jan 09

Each to their own i suppose.Would rather watch paint dry.

bremner 13:32 01 Jan 09

Just for you click here

IClaudio 13:42 01 Jan 09

I agree, it's a great concert, tho' I don't think Barenboim manages the authentic Vienna lilt as well as others have in the past (Carlos Kleiber was the best, IMO).

Thanks for the link, bremner, it's Bookmarked!

egapup and tullie, rather than lazy negative comments, at least let us know what you personally find interesting so that we can share...

tullie 14:36 01 Jan 09

Thats wonderfull,thank you!

Quickbeam 15:03 01 Jan 09

"Each to their own" Indeed.

I've just got back from my annual New Years day walk along Froggat, Curbar and Baslow edges in The Dales... I'm sure some of you would rather have limbs amputated than do that;)

Pineman100 15:41 01 Jan 09

Wouldn't having one's limbs amputated make it an impossibility anyway?

Actually, it sounds wonderful! I still rate a day walking around Malham Cove and Gordale Scar as one of my best ever.

laurie53 16:52 01 Jan 09

I was surprised to hear that it was Barenboim's first time.

I thought he had that particular accolade a long time ago, but I agree he's a little heavier than the normal Viennese froth.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…