Well, it took me over 45 minutes ....

Clapton is God 12:30 27 Oct 08

.... battling with engaged phone lines at 4 different ticket outlets, losing patience with 3 different websites which were either waiting, down or simply not responding, but I finally managed to secure 2 tickets to see Mr Clapton at the Royal Albert Hall in May of next year.

Rubs hands in glee. ;-)))

peter99co 12:34 27 Oct 08

I would wait until they are in your grubby fist before you celebrate.

Clapton is God 12:37 27 Oct 08

Perhaps I should have said "Rubs perfectly clean hands in glee".

peter99co 12:45 27 Oct 08

I hope you have a great time! It is just the way some ticket outlets have been critisised recently and I hope your tickets arrive safe.

Si_L 12:52 27 Oct 08

Ebay is already flooded with them, £100 is the cheapest!

Clapton is God 12:56 27 Oct 08

It was a perfectly legit ticket outlet, being one of the four through which the Royal Albert Hall is making tickets available.

Clapton is God 13:03 27 Oct 08

Surprise, surprise!

A perfect example of prats buying tickets merely to sell on at a profit when they had absolutely no intention of going to the gig.

It also provides the answer as to why the websites and phone lines were clogged up from just before 9a.m. this morning when tickets went on sale.

Picklefactory 13:03 27 Oct 08

Much congrats, I imagine that should be some show.

laurie53 20:27 27 Oct 08

Nice when it all goes right for a change.

wiz-king 21:43 27 Oct 08

Met him once - when we closed the rock club at The Star Tavern at Croydon because of complaints about the noise. We had Cream, Jimmy Hendrix and Zoot Money as our last three gigs - that was noisy!

Condom 21:53 27 Oct 08

Clapton is God
Probably the best rock guitarist in the world.

Hope you have a wonderful time. Last time I saw him live you thought he was going to fall off the stage at any second. He now proves you don't need drugs or alcohol to create that perfect sound. The best talent, the best guitar, the best sound. He has them all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos