Well done Joanna Lumley

Bingalau 12:37 21 May 09

At last some common sense....

Picklefactory 12:47 21 May 09

click here

If so, i agree, well done indeed

jakimo 12:49 21 May 09

but have no doubt that without Joanna Lumley leading the protest,the government would never have been pushed into doing a U-turn

Cymro. 13:05 21 May 09

Joanna Lumley was never one of my favorite people but even I must admit she has done something worthwhile with this campaign. It is always good to see any government forced in to making a u turn on something that will bring justice to such people as the Gurkhas.

donki 14:46 21 May 09

It just goes to show how out of touch the Government can be, how did they think that people wouldnt care about this subject. Well done Joanna.

That aside, should it really take Joanna Lumley protesting so fiercely for the Government to make the "right" moral decision? It really makes me wonder the thought process our Government go through when making decisions. They didn't seem to have no problem deciding on what exspences they were goin to cleam back..... cheap shot :).

user8 15:24 21 May 09

Great victory for brave men.

BT 16:42 21 May 09

Pity the chap in the background of the BBC clip of Joanna Lumley's speech couldn't have least have found out which way up the Union Flag should be flown!

natdoor 17:55 21 May 09

So we can expect up to 85,000 moving into the Fleet, Aldershot, Farnborough, Camberley area. The Gurkhas have their barracks in this area and, of course, they settle into this area when granted the right to reside here.

This is an area which has Crown land, common and many military areas. Consequently the very few roads are under great pressure. Anyone heading towards London from North East Hampshire must travel along the M3, possibly joining it at Camberley, or use the A30. These are choked with traffic every morning and evening. The scope for additional housing is also limited.

I am sure that the residents of this area have the greatest regard for Gurkhas and will look forward to the contribution that the rest of the nation can make through their taxes to providing additional roads, houses, schools, GPs etc.

Mr Mistoffelees 18:38 21 May 09

About bloody time!

lotvic 19:19 21 May 09

Justice for brave men.
I welcome the Gurkhas and their families, wherever they choose to live.

laurie53 19:46 21 May 09

Good result.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…