Well, did you go "Wow"?

Sapins 19:55 09 Feb 07

Just watched the BBC programme on Vista, all I learned was that the word Start has been removed from the start button! Oh! and it will, sorry would, cost me a lot of money to upgrade to it.

lixdexik 20:04 09 Feb 07

WOW!

p;3 20:05 09 Feb 07

I missed it (the program that is , NOT the start button)::))

Jak_1 20:08 09 Feb 07

Not much to write home about then!

Totally-braindead 20:14 09 Feb 07

Sorry I missed it, sounds gripping.

anskyber 20:45 09 Feb 07

I did see the programme and it just about held my attention. Not like the Money Programme of old with insight and analysis. It almost felt like a bit of free publicity.

I recall the FE did not attend the launch, I think he missed nothing if the coverage was anything to go by.

As to WOW, well two days on and I really like Vista and you can say WOW about some of the graphics. It's very different and potentially more intuitive. It's hard to unlearn what I have spent the last three years learning with XP.

The new control panel deserves some serious time having a look around. I asked myself the question, if I knew nothing about computers (close to the truth actually) how would I compare XP with Vista as an OS to learn from scratch?

Vista is easier, more intuitive and thought through, XP feels a bit wooden by comparison even though it is a thoroughly good OS.

Kate B 20:47 09 Feb 07

Well, I like Vista. And I did go to the launch. To quote my colleague Jack Schofield, it was an excellent 55-minute launch. Unfortunately, it lasted two and a half hours.

p;3 20:49 09 Feb 07

is the program to be repeated and which channel was it on?

Jackcoms 20:49 09 Feb 07

I taped the programme to watch later.

Sounds like I wasted my time by switching the video on.

Forum Editor 22:43 09 Feb 07

about an operating system based on a short TV programme there's not much I can say. The programme wasn't intended as an educational exercise, and you weren't meant to learn much from it.

It might be better to rely on the personal experiences of other computer users before writing off four years of hard work by over 4000 of the world's best software developers and several billion dollars of development cost.

I've been working with Vista for almost two years now, and I'm delighted with the release version - it promises to be the best operating system so far.

Totally-braindead 00:17 10 Feb 07

Crossbow7 started a thread about it in the Vista Forum and theres a link to watch the full program if you're interested click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced