This week Sausages are...

babybell 09:34 18 May 10

...bad for you!

Please add to the list with Chocolate click here and Cheese Sanwiches click here

I'm struggling to keep up, I think I'll just eat celery from now on.

babybell 09:35 18 May 10
  donki 10:00 18 May 10

I heard this on the radio this morning, its nothing that people didn't really know. Excessive amouts of salt are bad for you, processed meats contain a lot more salt than straight off the bone meat.

What annoys me is that is you buy a decent sausage or burger that hasn't been processed to death your fine, its the prepacked garbage that is bad for you.

dagbladet 11:55 18 May 10

"its the prepacked garbage that is bad for you"

No it's not. It's overindulgence in anything that is bad for you. I suspect we are once again about to recieve the sausage gospel according to the 'friendly village butcher'. If so I will be forced to counter (once again) with the sausage conversation between two 'friendly village butchers' in my local pub.

donki 12:15 18 May 10

I am sorry I am missing your point, are you saying that a processed sausage or buger is of the same quality of unprocessed meat? I used to work in a village butcher so had many conversations.

You say over overindulgence in anything is bad for you, I agree, but I dont think meat is bad for me. I know some people are of a different opinion.

michaelw 12:18 18 May 10

...I'm struggling to keep up, I think I'll just eat celery from now on...

It's a known fact celery can cause excessive wind and make your teeth drop out.

donki 12:24 18 May 10

And if there was any confusion I meant repacked processed garbage :).

Þ² 12:48 18 May 10

I'll eat what I want, I'm overweight but active and generally happily and feel healthy.

I enjoy food and I'll keep enjoying it.

Nothing like a sausage'n'bacon butty dripping in brown sauce!

Picklefactory 12:56 18 May 10

"...I'm struggling to keep up, I think I'll just eat celery from now on..."

Also high in sodium and sugars, I think if you Google, you'll find that everything is bad for us, apparently......... we're doomed.

Chegs ®™ 14:27 18 May 10

Russell Howards show featured a song about the Daily Mail articles on foodstuff causing cancer.The list was huge :)

spuds 18:46 18 May 10

the chewing variety, so as to get rid of the taste of the bread and pork dripping that I frequently consume.

With regards to the title 'Sausages', the only thing that concerns our family is whether the pork or beef content is 10% or 60%.

I often how people survived before we had all these experts, telling us what is good one day, is then bad for us another.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…