Webuyanycar.com gave misleading valuations

peter99co 12:17 01 Apr 11

click here

An investigation into the company found that 96% of customers received less than the original website valuation.

So it's true then.

Some had doubts this was the case.

Seth Haniel 12:39 01 Apr 11

got them to quote on a 'classic' 1995 Ford probe 2ltr collectors car - quote £87.00

type of quote that earns them respect

got £200 p/e on it

Colin 12:47 01 Apr 11

Webuyanycar and their ilk are just the same as the cash for gold companies. If you're gullible, lazy or desperate use them. It's up to you. They’re in it to make money not to do you a favour.

HondaMan 13:03 01 Apr 11

Verty well said! :-))

donki 14:03 01 Apr 11

And possibly the worst gingle I have heard in an advert. :)

interzone55 14:41 01 Apr 11

I love the current advert that shows people who've allegedly sold their cars using webuyanycar.com, one of the people has a Rolls Royce.

If I was selling a roller the Internet would be the last place I'd try.

As Colin says, they're just like cash for gold companies, offer half the market value and hope the seller is desperate or gullible.

Mind you several cash for gold companies had their bottoms spanked the other week for melting the jewellery down before the seller had accepted the offer...

oresome 20:27 01 Apr 11

I got a valuation last week because every time I obtain insurance quotes one of the questions asked is 'how much is the car worth?'

Although I'd have thought the question should be 'how much would it cost to replace?'

realist 20:30 01 Apr 11

webuyanycarifyouremugenoughtopartwithitatourvaluation.com

oresome 22:01 01 Apr 11

That link doesn't seem to work.

On a serious note, don't under estimate the difficulty in selling a car privately.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5