website for technical help on car

Fred the flour grader 19:51 05 Oct 06

Hi guys,

I wonder if any of you can help me find a web site which can help me identify a fault on my car. I own a 2003 Renault Scenic and it has a outside temp reading on the dashboard, the problem is it is reading about 10 degrees too low. I don't want to take it to the garage and get charged an arm and a leg for a sensor or buy a Haynes manual for this one minor fault.

Sorry this request is not computer related but, I always think someone in here will be able to help.
Many thanks.......Fred

patsyanne 20:01 05 Oct 06

Hi Fred, Try here click here theres a link where you can ask a question ,think you have to join .

TOPCAT® 14:37 07 Oct 06

could be with the temperature sensor unit(s) which is/are built in under the exterior driving mirror(s). TC.

realist 16:17 07 Oct 06

You could try asking here
click here

Fred the flour grader 22:23 07 Oct 06

thanks for all who answered my question. Topcat you are right, there is a sensor under the passenger side mirror which must of been knocked whilst I was washing the car. I have wiggled it about (technically of course) and the temp is fluctuating more now. I still think it's faulty so will have to look for the part concerned. I have heard that they try to sell you a mirror housing with the sensor built in but, you can get a sensor and solder it in to the exsisting mirror housing.
I am planning to sign up to both places where Patsyanne and realist have mentioned for future reference.
On a final point, what a place this PC Advisor forums is! have a problem with yuor car and get help from the great people here. I think this is fantastic, once again thanks for your help.
Regards.....Fred.

Curio 15:02 08 Oct 06

You might just get the mirror plus sensor from a scrapyard

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…