Web sites that show your ip addy

Jak_1 20:09 29 Oct 07

I needed my ip addy topass on to a driend in the States so he could connect to me using a vpn. I could have just clicked on the ico in the systray but thought I would try one of those sites that tell you what it is :
click here

They got it totally wrong, in doing so also put me in the wrong location!

I use an orange livebox so there should have been no reason for this to happen. Anyone else had this problem with this site?

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:13 29 Oct 07

It will only give you the location of the server that is sending you the info...it is not your computer location.

G

Legolas 20:15 29 Oct 07

It got mine within a couple of miles although I am in the middle of a field

Legolas 20:16 29 Oct 07

Correction after GANDALF <|:-)> post the server is apparently in the middle of a field.

Jak_1 20:18 29 Oct 07

It got my isp right but not my ip address, that was way out. I'm not worried about me being in the wrong location, so to speak but it should have been able to give a correct ip address!

Legolas 21:32 29 Oct 07

The IP address I get from your link and other ip adress finding sites although the same is different from the IP address I get if I run ipconfig /all from the command prompt The address I get from the online links doesn't appear at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…