Weather Today

rdave13 03 Nov 12
Answered

I know that this topic might lead to global warming as today has been very strange weather-wise. Started off by being bright and sunny in the morning, changed to heavy cloud and rain in the afternoon. By late afternoon we had hailstones. Now we're having thunder and lightning. Never known (or I can't remember) such variations in a single day.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 03 Nov 12

You've never been to the Western Isles then :0)

rdave13 03 Nov 12

No, I haven't Fruit Bat /\0/. That kind of weather there is the norm?

Aitchbee 03 Nov 12

I purchased a nice piece of lightwear ski-headgear from Lidl today ... it protects the head, ears, cheeks, chin and neck from sub-zero temperatures ... it's better to be prepared ;o]

Wes.Clox 03 Nov 12

Will you be wearing it when you pop out to your favorite Glaswegian pub?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/weird-news/pub-boss-baffled-as-he-is-reported-to-police-1413829

N47. 03 Nov 12

Yes. I saw that. Strange how the woindows are boardered up, is this normal for Glasgow pubs?

boardered up pub

rdave13 03 Nov 12

Richard.Sole and N47. , thank you for your strenuous efforts to reply (pertaining to the topic) and being able to supply links as well. Must have been particularly hard for you. Your efforts are appreciated.

Wes.Clox 03 Nov 12

Well it was dark when I got up, then it lightened up. It was dry for a while and then started to rain. Then the sun came out and we had a bit of sleet. The wind speed increased which blew the sleet away and brought the rain back. At mid afternoon we had sunshine again and by teatime it started to get dark again. We then had a selection of fireworks lightening up the sky on a clear evening, the moon was clearly visible with the backdrop of dying fires flickering in the distance.

The outlook for tomorrow is very mixed. It could be dark first thing, but lightening up later, around breakfast time. We can expect showers and sunshine in the morning but clouding over in the afternoon with the chance of the odd wintery shower or rain. The out look for the evening is that the sunshine will decrease and it will become so overcast it will become dark and the moon may come out, if the clouds keep away.

So there you have it. Quite a mixed bag of weather, Must be because the earths axis is tilting away from the sun and causing varied weather conditions.

pabby 04 Nov 12

Now we're having thunder and lightning.

Er Fireworks?

rdave13 04 Nov 12

Tilting of the axis has always caused changes in the weather. What is unusual, in my experience, is to have such drastic changes in a 12 hour period.

rdave13 04 Nov 12

pabby Er no.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message