and we thought that electricity was safe??

  Seth Haniel 10:59 30 Jun 08
Locked

click here

A power surge after a cable fault led to a number of house fires in a North Lanarkshire town.

About 400 houses were affected by the surge which caused some electricity meters and fuses to blow in the Summerlee area of Coatbridge.

  Cymro. 11:16 30 Jun 08

With modern wiring, good fuses, trip switches and anti surge devises and such things we are rather apt to take electricity and it`s safe use too much for granted.

I can`t be bothered to look for the statistics but a lot of fires in homes are caused by electrical faults. I remember my grandmother was always petrified of anything electrical.

  Cymro. 11:24 02 Jul 08

Bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…