Water Shortage

Terry Brown 14 Mar 12

On the BBC news channel at 1830 hours (13 March 2012), it said that Cheltenham Race course has poured 4 Million yes- 4,000,000 gallons on the course because it was too hard for the poor horses.

So I think It about time I watered my garden- or that wrong?

Terry

wiz-king 14 Mar 12

Sorry but £ 4 £ Cheltenham wins.

buteman 14 Mar 12

Looks like they have already used 4 million gallons so far.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/mar/11/cheltenham-unprecedented-watering-avoid-injuries?newsfeed=true

I must admit it does not seem reasonable that everyone else has to cut back on the water they use while they squander it.

Maybe the have not heard that some horses prefer fast ground and the ones that don't should be withdrawn.

Aitchbee 14 Mar 12

I bet you the horses are not complaining...and anyway it's only on once a year...4 days, I think.

Oh, I forgot...horses are dumb creatures!

Quickbeam 14 Mar 12

Not always HB. Smart horse

badgery 14 Mar 12

"Oh, I forgot...horses are dumb creatures!"

Yes they are, and yet they are exploited just to provide gaming opportunities for us 'higher species' people? They are still allowed to be whipped to make them go faster!! Ban the whole pursuit.

Aitchbee 14 Mar 12

...that was funny...I had a good laugh, QB.

Aitchbee 14 Mar 12

badgery...Her Majesty The Queen would not be amused if racing was banned...neither would hundreds of thousands of people in 'the racing fraternity',whose livliehoods depend on it, including, dare I say it, the Bookies.

badgery 14 Mar 12

"The Queen would not be amused if racing was banned"

I'm afraid that would hardly register on my own 'concern' meter!

Aitchbee 14 Mar 12

...my 'drivel' posts do, it would seem!

badgery 14 Mar 12

AitchBEE

At precisely what point did I ever call your posts 'drivel'?

They may well be - but I have never said such a thing ( although your incessant references to song lyrics might eventually lead me to such a conclusion)- but if you really think your posts cause me any real concern then I can only say there must be copious amounts of delusion in your mind.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message