Water Shortage

Terry Brown 06:24 AM 14 Mar 12

On the BBC news channel at 1830 hours (13 March 2012), it said that Cheltenham Race course has poured 4 Million yes- 4,000,000 gallons on the course because it was too hard for the poor horses.

So I think It about time I watered my garden- or that wrong?

wiz-king 06:39 AM 14 Mar 12

Sorry but £ 4 £ Cheltenham wins.

birdface 07:35 AM 14 Mar 12

Looks like they have already used 4 million gallons so far.

I must admit it does not seem reasonable that everyone else has to cut back on the water they use while they squander it.

Maybe the have not heard that some horses prefer fast ground and the ones that don't should be withdrawn.

Aitchbee 08:46 AM 14 Mar 12

I bet you the horses are not complaining...and anyway it's only on once a year...4 days, I think.

Oh, I forgot...horses are dumb creatures!

Quickbeam 08:55 AM 14 Mar 12

Not always HB. Smart horse

badgery 09:14 AM 14 Mar 12

"Oh, I forgot...horses are dumb creatures!"

Yes they are, and yet they are exploited just to provide gaming opportunities for us 'higher species' people? They are still allowed to be whipped to make them go faster!! Ban the whole pursuit.

Aitchbee 09:17 AM 14 Mar 12

...that was funny...I had a good laugh, QB.

Aitchbee 09:24 AM 14 Mar 12

badgery...Her Majesty The Queen would not be amused if racing was banned...neither would hundreds of thousands of people in 'the racing fraternity',whose livliehoods depend on it, including, dare I say it, the Bookies.

badgery 10:14 AM 14 Mar 12

"The Queen would not be amused if racing was banned"

I'm afraid that would hardly register on my own 'concern' meter!

Aitchbee 10:18 AM 14 Mar 12

...my 'drivel' posts do, it would seem!

badgery 10:30 AM 14 Mar 12

At precisely what point did I ever call your posts 'drivel'?

They may well be - but I have never said such a thing ( although your incessant references to song lyrics might eventually lead me to such a conclusion)- but if you really think your posts cause me any real concern then I can only say there must be copious amounts of delusion in your mind.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…