Water saving tips

ams4127 22:25 PM 10 Mar 12

Dwr Cymru (Welsh Water) are coming tomorrow to fit a water meter.

I have already filled two water butts and put a brick in the toilet cistern. I know about not running the tap when washing teeth. But what I need are some of your own expert water saving tips.

Any advice will be most gratefully received.

WhiteTruckMan 22:39 PM 10 Mar 12

Try diluting it to make it last longer!

rdave13 23:28 PM 10 Mar 12

Why are they fitting a water meter? Bad times ahead, I think, especially if there's a burst between the meter and house. 'Change your mind' is the best advice I can give, even if you live alone. Ever more so if you don't.

Mr Mistoffelees 23:34 PM 10 Mar 12

Our water costs went down around a third when we had a water meter fitted last year. Recently we found our water was coming through brown one morning. We were advised to let a cold tap run for at least 40 minutes. A credit was added to our account to pay for it.

Forum Editor 23:45 PM 10 Mar 12

There are plenty of tips on The Energy Saving Trust site

rdave13 00:04 AM 11 Mar 12

ams4127, my advice is to refuse the meter.

Algerian peter 00:05 AM 11 Mar 12

Bathe with a freind preferably one of the opposite sex.

Algerian peter 00:06 AM 11 Mar 12

One day all properties will have a water meter.

rdave13 00:12 AM 11 Mar 12

Algerian peter

Yes, and that is bad for us all.

morddwyd 07:03 AM 11 Mar 12

"preferably one of the opposite sex"

That's not very PC!

Quickbeam 07:09 AM 11 Mar 12

I've had a water meter for over 25 years now with no problems. They're no different to the gas or electric one, you pay for what you use.

Would you be happy to not have the gas and electric ones and pay a much higher average bill to allow for the waste that we'd immediately adopt?

No, that's why you're having the water put on a meter. The water company isn't in league with Beelzebub with a deep rooted ploy to steal your soul as some of the above are suggesting...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11