watching to much 'Ice Road Truckers'......

Seth Haniel 16:11 12 Jan 10

click here

Two men have been charged with reckless conduct after a car which was being driven on a frozen canal plunged through the ice.

peter99co 16:16 12 Jan 10

Mind you don't trip into the canal over the cones and "accident?" sign.

Forum Editor 17:01 12 Jan 10

and the two traffic cones in the picture are just priceless.

The Police rule book obviously says that a sign must be placed at the scene of any accident, together with traffic cones, so that's what they did - just in case another car came along and skidded into the first one.

peter99co 17:32 12 Jan 10

I wonder how long they on the bank before some clever dick chucks them in with the car.

justme 19:36 12 Jan 10

While I agree the sign and the cones appear to be pointless you should consider the possibility that someone may came along later and "find" a car which has crashed through the ice and assume that it has just happened and then try to rescue the driver. This would put the potential hero in considerable danger and could lead to loss of life.

The cones and sign would indicate that the authorities already know about the situation and avert a dangerous "rescue".

peter99co 20:34 12 Jan 10

They should put a Police Aware sticker on it.

Proclaimer 21:30 12 Jan 10

perhaps that photo could win the Winter Competition then. :P

WhiteTruckMan 23:47 12 Jan 10

is Hard of Thinking.

WTM (temporarily an Icy Road Trucker)

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:52 12 Jan 10

Unfortunately these morons have survived to keep the gene pool going.

G

morddwyd 05:50 13 Jan 10

If they're insured fully comp I wonder what their insurance company will say?

wiz-king 08:35 13 Jan 10

Insurance? I dont think it will cover you for driving on frozen canals, not classed as public highways.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple