Watch out for pick-pockets in the euphoria of the London Olympics.

Aitchbee 17:57 18 Jul 12
Answered

Roumanians are dab-hands.

Keep your valuables 'zipped-up'.

Aitchbee 17:59 18 Jul 12

...somebody nicked my link:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18798792

...take care!

oresome 19:39 18 Jul 12

I think I should be OK unless I lose some small change down the back of the sofa.

Aitchbee 19:58 18 Jul 12

...it (pickin' a pocket or two) was definitely 'rife' in London when Charlie was a lad. (...what the Dickens am I on about?)

Al94 20:08 18 Jul 12

Big city - pick pockets - nothing new there then.

Aitchbee 20:11 18 Jul 12

...mobiles are a new attraction...think of the inconvenience if yours was 'dipped'.

Forum Editor 20:15 18 Jul 12

Pick-pockets are active in London every day of the week, especially in the tourist season.

Aitchbee 20:22 18 Jul 12

FE...you are correct! The BBC's national news (on radio4) reminded me of that...I hope my input to the forum doesn't fall on deaf ears.

Forum Editor 20:28 18 Jul 12

I know I'm correct, I've lived and worked in London for a long time. I've seen pick-pockets at work on the London Underground, and at big public events.

Aitchbee 20:45 18 Jul 12

FE...the London Olympic Venues will be host(s) to hundreds o' thousands of innocent ticket paying (foreign)visitors (including children) who are not as street-savvy as you/I (me). I think a warning could be printed on 'tickets' to be aware of pick-pockets...that step may help to avoid any inconvenience(s) to everybody.

Condom 21:18 18 Jul 12

If you don't mind interfering with their human rights then might I suggest that a fish hook or two placed in pockets you never use may land a "catch"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now