Watch out the pCA Amazon are at the advice game now.

SparkyJack 11:51 29 Oct 14

My daily input from Amazon in addition to want to flog stuff included a request to write a review of everything purchased in past three years.

This is entirely separate from the regular purchase review.

So I with time kill waded through it all,simply giving an OK to this and 'Does what it says' on that.

One item was a Kingston MSD 30gig card for my tablet.

Another mail from 'Amazon help'. A query asking if the MSD would fit his Samsung Galaxy. I referred him to the manual or the box it came in or Google.

Then a news statisic on BBC came up with fact that Tablets have overtaken phones as stolen items.

Hmm does this 2+2 make a5?

hssutton 21:21 29 Oct 14

Yes I've just received an email from Amazon with the message "Peter would like to know how many flash guns can you control from this unit ?" referring to a YongNuo YN-622N-TX i-TTL LCD wireless flash controller

bumpkin 23:20 29 Oct 14

Never answer a survey or market research or "review" about anything about anything is my sad opinion based on experience.

Forum Editor 23:37 29 Oct 14

bumpkin

"Never answer a survey or market research or "review" about anything...."

Why on earth not?

Pine Man 07:54 30 Oct 14

I frequently get asked questions by Amazon potential customers about items I have bought.

Who better to ask?

I am always very pleased to help if I can.

BT 08:30 30 Oct 14

I frequently get asked questions by Amazon potential customers about items I have bought.

In my experience an awful lot of these questions are totally superfluous as people just haven't read the information on the item where what they are asking is already provided.

BT 08:38 30 Oct 14

FE

*"Never answer a survey or market research or "review" about anything...." Why on earth not?*

Because the moment you do, especially on the phone, it just gives 'them' Carte Blanche to call you even more. Real Market Research organisations aren't bound by the TPS rules and tell you so, and the number of cold calls I get asking me to do a survey far exceed any other type. I just tell them I don't do surveys but still they call.

SparkyJack 08:53 30 Oct 14

BT Telephone sales/surveys,my response to these is simple No speak..hang up...simplze

SparkyJack 08:53 30 Oct 14

BT Telephone sales/surveys,my response to these is simple No speak..hang up...simplze

spuds 09:50 30 Oct 14

Due to possibly pestering more than anything, I use to do quite a number of product surveys on items that I had purchased through eBay, Amazon and similar companies.

I soon gave that up, as a waste of my time and effort. Simple seller feedbacks are something that I do use, because at least that serves a true purpose for others to possibly follow.

I suppose at the end of the day, it all comes down to one's choice, on how they think and react!.

Ex plorer 10:27 30 Oct 14

I agree with BT the question asked is often missed on the goods they are buying on Amazon, however I do answer the monthly question sent by Amazon to help someone.

Sometimes fill in on-line surveys but keep out any personal information.

Telephone never answer any questions on surveys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…