watch out if you leave car at Heathrow

finerty 13:54 PM 02 Sep 11

You may be done for speeding even if your not driving.

speeding at Heathrow

Pineman100 18:38 PM 02 Sep 11

No car park that wants my keys gets my business.

Pine Man 19:09 PM 02 Sep 11

In the 90's I heard of many cars being written off in and around Crawley that were being raced by car park staff from Gatwick Airport.

Aitchbee 20:17 PM 02 Sep 11

My brother, sits in his London black cab,at Heathrow, waiting for passengers....then he takes them to their destination(s).

morddwyd 07:14 AM 03 Sep 11

"There's nothing new in this."

Not even on Watchdog.

It;s been covered before.

Like energy prices and holiday hotels, it's good cheap copy if you can't be bothered to look for something new.

Forum Editor 08:05 AM 03 Sep 11

I have parked my car, and left my keys, at Heathrow and Gatwick airports for years, and each time I leave the car I take a note of the mileage.

Not once has my car been moved in my absence. I have just been lucky I suppose. The parks I use are huge, and I always use the same reputable company.

Forum Editor 09:36 AM 03 Sep 11

fourm member

Precisely. The people I use have an AA/Police Gold Award for security, and provide a very professional service. I'm happy that nobody drives my car in my absence.

Pineman100 11:33 AM 03 Sep 11

Isn't that what all taxi drivers do? :o/

SimpleSimon1 11:37 AM 03 Sep 11

Would you mind identifying the company(s) you use? I am likely to be doing a fair bit of parking at Heathrow and Gatwick in the future and recommendations based on experience would be very helpful.

Aitchbee 12:24 PM 03 Sep 11

Pineman100 - yes! That's why a lot of people use taxi's at big get them to their destinations quickly and safely.

lotvic 12:38 PM 03 Sep 11

AitchBEE, thank you for explaining that. I have seen cars with a taxi sign on them and often wondered what it meant.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11