Wasted printer ink!

BT 16:26 24 May 08

I just found this in the new Printing Zone section

"As much as 60 percent of the ink contained in a typical inkjet cartridge is wasted, according to research commissioned by Epson. The printer company commissioned research laboratory TüV Rheinland to measure how much ink is used up and how much remains in an inkjet cartridge when the printer claims it's out of ink. "

I wonder how much it cost them. Don't we all already know this, and isn't Epson one of the major culprits?

Full report here
click here

jack 16:42 24 May 08

The Epson 'Chip' calculates 'Ink Use' by counting the pages passed and then saying 'Oh yes xxx pages -you've used all your ink- when if cat you may have been printing off letter heads or similar with virtual no ink use at all.
Invest in a Zapit- chip re-setter
click here
and refill kits to suit.
Also check out
click here
that will save even more money.
But then perhaps you know all this already

mrwoowoo 17:50 24 May 08

Nice one,good timing.
All four of my Epsom cartridges are coming up with the low warning.
Best of it is,iv'e hardly used them,so i hold on poping in a new one until they give up the ghost.

Stuartli 18:34 24 May 08

I leave my Epson R300 permanently switched on to save unnecessary ink wastage.

BT 07:58 25 May 08

"I leave my Epson R300 permanently switched on to save unnecessary ink wastage."

This is OK but it can lead to jet blockage if the heads aren't properly parked.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:51 25 May 08

click here get one of these and you will never worry about ink again. It is much cheaper than compatibles and the colours are just a good as orginal cartridges. Have used one on my R300 for nearly a year now and wouldn't be without it.

G

Stuartli 11:35 25 May 08

>>This is OK but it can lead to jet blockage if the heads aren't properly parked.>>

If it's permanently switched on, why should the heads not be properly parked?

Always works immediately whether I want to print off one page or several...:-)

Bingalau 12:50 25 May 08

GANDALF <|:-)> Is there any thing like that for other makes of printer? Mine's a Canon (it gets around to firing blanks quite quickly too).

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:58 25 May 08

click here or just type 'canon ciss uk' into Google.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…