Wasted Effort

morddwyd 17 Jun 12

Tomorrow council workmen are coming in to make a wet floor shower room (you mat recall my thread about funding becoming available).

To this end I spent yesterday removing towel rails, toilet roll holders, cabinets, medicine chest and the like.. As you may imagine this left quite a few marks and outlines on the walls..

My wife has spent the morning, in her wheelchair, washing down walls which this time tomorrow will be in the skip (they are false walls).

I've no doubt others have seen dafter things, I probably have myself, but I can't remember when!

rdave13 17 Jun 12

That's being proud morddwyd. She's a cracking wife.. :)

Mr Mistoffelees 17 Jun 12

morddwyd, did you remind your wife before or after she did the cleaning, that they would end up in the skip?

Aitchbee 17 Jun 12

I know someone who buys various 'pre-washed & ready to eat' mixed salad leaves etc...yes you've guessed it...she always washes 'em (just to make sure) and uses about 2 gallons of water in the process, every time.

woody 17 Jun 12

Aitchbee - i do that with spuds.

namtas 17 Jun 12

"know someone who buys various 'pre-washed"

Yes but what is the quality of the pre wash water?

carver 17 Jun 12

How can you call it a "wasted effort" your wife is a very proud woman and one from a generation that would not dream of allowing any body to see that she did not keep a clean house.

She has high standards be proud of her,

Aitchbee 17 Jun 12

I just tried to hoover up a patch of space on my livin'-room carpet, some indoor mother-in-laws-tongues plants took a tumble...after a ten minute 'trial period' no progress was being made. Looks like the the filters need cleaning out.The five 'tongues' have been repotted in one plant-pot...so they can talk amongst themselves now.

Forum Editor 17 Jun 12

I know someone who cleans her house before her cleaner comes.

rdave13 17 Jun 12

I know someone who cleans her house before her cleaner comes.

There's no answer to that is there?

morddwyd 17 Jun 12

"She has high standards "

I'm well aware of that.

I've consistently failed to live up to them for the last fifty years!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

See 24 hours in London with Paul Richardson's hyperlapse tour

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message