A waste of parliamentary time?

oresome 20:05 31 Oct 13

Tom Copley, who sits in the London Assembly complained that "too much valuable Parliamentary time" had been taken up to “congratulate two very wealthy aristocrats for procreating”.

David Cameron, the Prime Minister, Ed Miliband, the Labour leader, and other senior politicians took part in a 20 minute House of Commons debate in tribute to Prince George last month.

While I'm pleased for the couple, I must say Copley has a point. I'm sure there are more pressing issues for parliamentarians to discuss.

What do you think?

Telegraph article here.

click here

Mr Mistoffelees 20:21 31 Oct 13

Hardly surprising Copley has made that criticism, given that he describes himself as a republican. Personally, I don't care, they waste far more time, in less useful ways, in The House.

spuds 11:47 01 Nov 13

"A waste of parliamentary time?"

Possibly so, but it beats catching someone 'nodding off' in the House of Lords, or even some politician reading a script in the Commons, to an audience of five or so fellow member's late in the evening or very early morning :O(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced