Was it not always the way of things?

Cymro. 11:50 06 Aug 08

click here

So our hospitals are infested with vermin but was it not always the way of such places?. With all the extra emphasis on hygiene these days I would have thought that things are at least a little better than they used to be in the past.

Or is this just another slow news day story that suits those that are forever only too glad to get an excuse to knock the NHS yet again?

I would have thought that as the people in charge are getting in the pest controllers only goes to show just how careful they are not to let the situation get out of hand.

So how would you deal with the problem? Apart from all the obvious extra hygiene and cleanliness etc. what would you do to keep such large and busy buildings clear of vermin.

jtt 12:45 06 Aug 08

I suspect that a lot of it is down to how good the building design it. A modern hostpital would hopefully have been designed and built very carefully to lessen the problem?

Clapton is God 12:55 06 Aug 08

I suspect that the main problem is down to all those patients and visitors trailing in off the filthy streets bringing in dirt and germs on their footwear/clothing, etc.

Prevent patients and visitors from going into hospitals and that should solve the problem. ;-))

Chegs ®™ 14:11 06 Aug 08

On the local radio news was a piece about the hospitals being "infested with vermin" and then going on to say that our local hospital hasnt had a vermin infestation in many years,the only reason the pest controllers had been called in was due to 7 incidents with ants during the last 15yrs.

gardener 14:14 06 Aug 08

Visit the A and E ward on a Friday or Saturday night, lots of vermin around then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…